Stihl SR 450 Sprayer/Blower CARB Adjustment Tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poleandpro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there. I have a new Stihl SR 450 'sprayer'. It's a nice machine, except it really needs to come from the factory with a Hip Belt and Chest Strap. The thing weights 60+ pounds fully loaded and top-heavy; can't imagine working all day with it, in hot conditions, maybe on uneven ground without a proper support system.

Anyways, I am looking for the part number for the Carb Adjustment Tool. I've checked online and see there are several different versions (usually for saws) but haven't found the right one for their blowers/sprayers.

I'm hoping for the OEM tool; I've spent too much time in my life with drywall screws, picks and plyers, and at this point, just want the right tool for the job!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much :)

If this is a new piece of equipment be aware that removing the limiter caps likely voids the warranty completely.
The screwdriver DND references will adjust the carb within the limits of the caps.
Adjusting the running of this piece of equipment will probably have unintended results as I believe they are calibrated to spray at a certain RPM.
I don't have a single PDF for this model only Mediacat.
Hopefully someone sends you a service manual soon.
IF IT IS NEW TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.
Dave

Thanks for the replies!

I am still trying to find the service manual for the SR450. It seems like it's not as popular as Stihl saws and regular blowers. From my local dealer I understand that at least around where I live, 95% of the purchases of these sprayers/blowers have been by the really big pest control companies like Orkin, and the Mosquito-specific companies like "Mosquito Joe". In talking to the dealer, I believe they tuned it like they would a chainsaw (going to 4 stroking at full throttle), rather than tuning to a specific RPM to achieve a certain spray rate.

Basically, I don't think they are used to a landowner/homeowner like myself even using an SR450. I've got 15 acres to treat, some with apple trees, some pear trees, and a whole bunch of woods and mosquitoes!

I have a tach, so DND 9000, thank you for the 3,000 RPM and 6,800 RPM figures.

Latest posts

Back