Stihl TS350 vs Partner K700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ML12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a TS350 and Partner K700 that I have recently rebuilt, all new seals, gaskets, bearings, pistons, cylinders, rings, carb kits, fuel lines, filters, etc etc.

The problem is I only need 1 cut off saw. Which one is the saw I should keep? Both are in decent cosmetic shape, both run and start great. I am a bit leery of the SEM ignition on the stihl, and because the partner can run a 14" blade and has the water kit, I'm leaning towards it.

I'd like some opinions from people who've used/owned these.

20170804_171013.jpg

20170728_144846.jpg
air filter cover is ordered and should show up soon for the stihl.

My pick would be the Partner K700. They are an excellent cutoff saw.
Plus the Active III which you have there, is the best version.
They are lightweight, have great power, they're compact, and easy to handle.
It also has an AV system, which the TS350 does not.
You can still get parts for them relatively easy from Husqvarna, and some decent aftermarket parts are available.
A large road contractor gave me a bunch of their nos parts couple years back.
The Stihl TS350 Super is based on a chainsaw powerhead designed in the early 60's, with no antivibration.
Plus, as you said, you can't mount the more commonly used 14" blades on it.
There was a taller foot towards the end of production that was for use with a 14" guard, and would elevate the blade off the ground. Once in a while they come up on ebay, but a TS360 foot can be adapted for this purpose as well. The "Super" version has a 49mm piston, and is a must for use with a 14" blade, like the one pictured below.
20160310_224259.jpg.
I have one of the earlier 1960's versions of the 08 chainsaw that has a 44mm piston and cylinder. The cylinder has a cast iron sleeve with windows for the transfers.
It is nutless, and was designed without a stop switch or a trigger interlock.

Latest posts

Back