Stihl Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You cant go wrong with what you have. As the others have said you need different saws for different applications. I go from the 200t straight to the 361. I am very impressed with the 361 that's why I own a couple of them. I have some 024's and 025 I let the groundies play which helps me worry a little less. I think the 460 is a great saw too. I really don't have any complaints about any of them. The 660....heh I was just about to get it the other day, but I'm glad I didn't because I really wouldn't be using it that much(but don't get me wrong it does look fun to play with!). There has only been a few times when I really needed more then a 460. Instead we are getting a new vermeer mini skid steer!!

I clean my filters by using very hot water with a little dish soap. I dont believe you can clean the paper ones (191). You should never use compressed air on a filter because it opens up the fibers. I also think a mistake some people make with saws is trying to run to big a bar for the head. On my 360 I use a 18" bar and my 660 I like to run a 25", although I do have a 32", the saw runs faster with the 25".

Latest posts

Back