Stihl vs makita

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl and Husqvarna segment their line up quite thoroughly. They don't want the homeowner saws to be to good, because that will eat the pro saw sales. They know most chainsaw buyer are quite brand loyal for several reasons. So the saws are competing agains their own pro/homeowner couterpart. Dolkita is a different story, if someone is looking at a 6100 they might as well be interested in a husky 460/555/560 so they need to make the saw as good as they can for the money. They don't have (/want) the position to make a saw a bit extra crappy in favour of their other saw in the same range. If you buy a Dolkita you kind of know you get what you pay for. If you buy a pro stihl/husky you know you will get a nice product. If you buy a homeowner stihl/husqvarna you might get a dog that only has one target, and that is don't break before the warranty expires. You might be in luck or know your stuff. And buy a product where stihl/husqvarna didn't do a good job in making it shittier. And sit front row for a discount price (555 comes in mind).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

I've never heard a complaint about a Husky not oiling enough. Unless it had a problem with the oiler. My only complaint with any of my Husky's / Jonsereds is too much oil.

Well clearly I need to take mine apart and fix it lol. It's done it since new it destroys chains and bars and clutches fast. The bar is all different colors from heat I already changed the clutch sprocket all after about 10 cords of wood. So I don't use it and I bought the 290 for that reason.

I looked at the home owner huskys and stihls then went with the Echo 590. I'd run any of them cause they all cut wood but dollar for performance and build quality the 590 can't be beat.

I have a dolmar 7910 and it's my favorite saw. I work for a logging company and they aren't brand discriminate, we have husky and stihl. I brought my personal saw (the 7910) and have been using it for felling and bucking. It's solid, smooth, and runs like a violated primate with a 24" bar.

Don't hesitate to buy one!

Well clearly I need to take mine apart and fix it lol. It's done it since new it destroys chains and bars and clutches fast. The bar is all different colors from heat I already changed the clutch sprocket all after about 10 cords of wood. So I don't use it and I bought the 290 for that reason.
Just a thought. First of all I'm assuming it's out of warranty? If you go back to your dealer and explain it's done this from day 1 he may help you. A good dealer would if you are square with him and don't insult him or the brand.

It's about 4 years old now. It oils just not good I don't really know how the oil system works on it so I'll have to figure it out. Seems like it's supposed to flow oil when it heats it up but idk

My firewood partner in crime doesn't like running his stock 460 anymore after running my stock 7900 and is looking for a 7900/7910 now.

It's had the oil issue since I can remember may not be from day one but from basically new so I'll have to check it out but I see that a new oil pump is cheap too if that's the case

Back