Stihl X-Fit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen.
Please don't bag me out as this is kinda off topic.The reason I have posted here is because this is where the knowledge base is.
I am desperately trying to locate a place online where I can order some Stihl x-fit clearing saw harnesses.
http://www.stihl.se/STIHL-produkter...r-och-tillbehör/22275-1613/X-FIT-röjsele.aspx
I have been in contact with my local Aussie Stihl dealers and these are not listed as something they can order.I then got in contact with Stihl Australia and had a bunch of office ladies tell me these harnesses where not compatible with the Australian climate hence the line is not being carried here in Aus.Then again who would want a hydration pack when working 6-8 hours a day strapped to a fs 550 in 30 plus degree heat.:buttkick::dizzy:
If anyone has a link or info this would be greatly appreciated as Stihl Australia is pretty crap and my German is very lacking.
Thanks all, Kirk

Hello Gentlemen.
Please don't bag me out as this is kinda off topic.The reason I have posted here is because this is where the knowledge base is.
I am desperately trying to locate a place online where I can order some Stihl x-fit clearing saw harnesses.
http://www.stihl.se/STIHL-produkter/Trimrar-och-röjsågar/Bärselar-och-tillbehör/22275-1613/X-FIT-röjsele.aspx
I have been in contact with my local Aussie Stihl dealers and these are not listed as something they can order.I then got in contact with Stihl Australia and had a bunch of office ladies tell me these harnesses where not compatible with the Australian climate hence the line is not being carried here in Aus.Then again who would want a hydration pack when working 6-8 hours a day strapped to a fs 550 in 30 plus degree heat.:buttkick::dizzy:
If anyone has a link or info this would be greatly appreciated as Stihl Australia is pretty crap and my German is very lacking.
Thanks all, Kirk

I am not seeing it on Stihl.de or on Ebay. I will send out a few emails. But you maybe just as well to get a seperate hydration pack. I did find the x-fir trousers and jacket about 800 euros!!! lol PM me if you like with the details

Hey Rockjock
Only just recently came out of the sone age and started using hydration packs. The benefits are massive but so are the down sides.
Unfortunately my hydration pack goes over my clearing saw/brushcuter harness and makes things extremely difficult when switching from Cleaing saw to chain saw ,
It is also very uncomfortable and restrictive , all up you have 2 shoulder harnesses and 3 buckles to fit correctly.(not to mention I-pod cables getting tangled amongst it all.)
The benefits of the x-fit harness are obvious when you get the harness ,tool/ipod storage and hydration all in a simple one buckle arrangement.
Am excited to see you have Germany listed as partial location as I think possibly they were not released in to many other places
,( maybe it was a big secret and they were actually filled with vodka , no sorry that's Russia, LOL

That looks quite easy to make yourself. For very tough sewing I like to use, I believe it is called dental floss. That is really tough string. Use it to improve or repair backpacks, etc.

That looks quite easy to make yourself. For very tough sewing I like to use, I believe it is called dental floss. That is really tough string. Use it to improve or repair backpacks, etc.

Dental floss would not be a good option , there is a braided kevlar fishing line that I use for such tasks. uber strong . Kirko that pack was out 2 years ago so I am not seeing them online in Germany BUT if they see it in the computer just have them order you 1. pay in full and be done with it.

Simple to make. Use whatever straps/harness you like. Procure a hydro pack with whatever bells and whistles you want. Add QR clips to attach to harness. That way you can still use the pack separately from the harness.

Shea

Dental floss would not be a good option , there is a braided kevlar fishing line that I use for such tasks. uber strong . Kirko that pack was out 2 years ago so I am not seeing them online in Germany BUT if they see it in the computer just have them order you 1. pay in full and be done with it.
The problem with Kevlar is that it is highly ultraviolet light sensitive. I would still prefer a polypropelen or similar.

Also sometimes it might be better just to stop what you are doing, go to the cooler and get a cold water, and take 5. I have told many friends of mine this story I was cutting away some dead fall for a friend of mine, long hot day and I would just carry a bottle of water with me and just drink as I was working.. 6 hours into the task my saw stopped working.. I pulled and pulled nothing.. I picked up another one and went at it again.. after 45 mins or so it too stopped.. pulled and pulled nothing! took my last saw about an hour later same thing.. I thought well I am done here more or less ok tomorrow is another day.. went home took a break and went to look at the saws.. all were out of gas. I am sure if I had taken 5, sat down this would not have happened. I was just tired and was not thinking. I think back and know I was lucky I was not cutting a tricky tree...... Sometimes you just have to take a break.

For now it seems the x-fit harness is a dark horse that only exists in a few European countries
Quite sad that stihl are either unwilling or unable to provide this product world wide

I looked in the 2012 and 2013 catalogue and was unable to find it so I think it maybe just discontinued.

Hello again Gents,
Well i'm finally a happy camper, and the old saying "' it never rains unless it pours"' has never rung so true.
I Finally got my Toolbag for the universal advance harness.With my scissors ready I prepared to start my bodge job and low and behold the tool bag already had a professionally designed outlet for a hydration hose built in.This was definitely not mentioned in the catalogue and of the 20 or so stihl representatives I harassed to help find an x fit harness not one of them put 2 and 2 togeather and pointed me to the tool bag.(all I wanted was water)
Following on from the bad run of service and product knowledge I decided to let rip and have a huge winge to stihl Australi about my continual fraying harnesses that tend to last a couple of months then drop the brushcutter hook as it frays clean through the webbing that holds it in place.This was the holy grail in turning things around, my complaints bypassed the office ladies and were put through to someone in product management. Finally I found someone who was genuinely concerned, so much so that he wanted photos and other info to help pinpoint the problem so he could bring the issue up with the german side of town:clap: included in my complaint e mail was a p.s can you please help me locate a x fit harness I can purchase and this was his answer."'Unfortunately we do not stock the x fit harness here in Australia as it retails for well above $300au and statistics show people will not purchase them but I do have a sample I can send out to you"'.:rock:Yep he got my postal address and 2.5 days later I was the proud owner of a rare as hens teeth x fit brushcutter harness totally free of charge, didn't even pay postage , not to mention he also threw in some stihl vision max protective glasses and a nice big stihl bag.So yes I totally love stihl all over again and I guess the moral of the story is it's hard to find good help but once you do it's well worth the effort:D:D:D
stihl tool bag.JPGx fit.jpgstihl tool bag.JPG x fit.jpg toolbag and x fit.JPG

Good stuff. The sad fact is that most Stihl dealers don't have a clue and couldn't be stuffed spending more than 2 minutes trying to help. Then you deal with a decent Stihl dealer like Bennn*e on here who manages a Stihl shop in South Australia and you realise what a decent dealer is actually capable of. The amount of gear he has sourced me that other dealers put in the "too hard" basket is unbelievable and nothing is too much trouble. Guys like him are worth a million bucks and changed my whole view on Stihl dealers in Australia. I realised that the vast majority are just too bloody lazy to be worthy of the Stihl sign on the front of their shop...

Oh and by the way you suck :(

Latest posts

Back