Stohl 064 Hard Starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a 064 that I picked up a few years back. It had a scuffed piston. I put a new Metero Piston, seals, vac/pressure tested it. This saw is a bear to start. It has a Bing Carb. I even replaced all the carb gaskets with genuine ones. What is making this saw so hard to start? Runs strong, idles well. It just takes alot more pulls then any of my other saws to start.

Start with the basics. Does the choke close fully and does the fast idle latch work?

I checked everything listed. I did source a NOS Bing Carb rebuild kit it wasn't cheap. I put it in. The saw has super strong compression so it isn't easy to pull as it is.

I checked everything listed. I did source a NOS Bing Carb rebuild kit it wasn't cheap. I put it in. The saw has super strong compression so it isn't easy to pull as it is.

Mine's the same way. I think I may have recently done some damage to my starter on a bad pull that ripped out of my hand. I need to open it and check if I messed up a starter pawl or something.

Latest posts

Back