Stolen ms 440 dean hylton washington pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASETECH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I sent my MS440 back to Dean for some warranty work in Jan of 09. He has never returned it. His (360) phone number went disconnected about a month ago. He told me this spring he had sent some saws to a 3rd party for repair because of his health. I have no idea who? $100 dollar reward to the person who provides info that brings my saw home. It was near new 20-30 hrs max. Finger ported cylinder with the number 7 stamped on it various places. PM me or email at [email protected]

Last edited:
Facebook

hey i did a quick search on facebook and found him in Lyle Washington. dont know if it will help. i would be livid if someone had my saw for 2 years. should go back to removal of thieves hands:chainsaw:

I sent my MS440 back to Dean for some warranty work in Jan of 09. He has never returned it. His (360) phone number went disconnected about a month ago. He told me this spring he had sent some saws to a 3rd party for repair because of his health. I have no idea who? $100 dollar reward to the person who provides info that brings my saw home. It was near new 20-30 hrs max. Finger ported cylinder with the number 7 stamped on it various places. PM me or email at [email protected]

Wait Dean from Poulsbo, WA? WA Hot saws dean? I know where he is now
-Ac

That's the Dean. Washington pro saws, Washington hot saws .... whatever that is the Dean. I talked to his brother last week. He said he had to move recently pm me or email with any contact info yo have please. I sent him and his wife both a message on FB. I think Dean is active on WashingtonGunTrader.com under a user name of klickitat - kinda familiar name from his days here.

Dean has recently been seen in Federal Way Washington claims to live in Tacoma.

Yes, something came of it. Dean still has my saw. He sent me a message on Facebook saying he is considering a lawsuit. He will return my saw when he feels like it. I contacted his dad and brother trying to get my property back but he is unwilling to return it. Dean is on a gun forum now called Washingtonguntrader his username is familiar enough. Can't say I think he is such a great guy to deal with! :hmm3grin2orange:

bummer, I had a similar situation with him where it took forever to get my saw back... but I did and he made a good attempt to make good for the late arrival.

Why a lawsuit, shouldn't you be doing that?

I think I would talk to the FBI, has to be close to a felony amount of stolen property across state lines, or mail fraud, has to be a way if getting the law involved to get the saw back.

I told him if he wanted to go the lawsuit route I was game. Here is a copy of the message he sent me. I suppose I am naughty for posting it - but Dean will deal out his brand of justice. What a character!

Dean Hylton November 17, 2010 at 8:27pm Report
Greg I just hired a man to unpack it out of storage. As soon as it is out it is on it's way to you. Just a hint though. Every time you cross a line and contact a family member or my wife or post something derogatory online, I loose interest until I calm back down. When I have your saw in hand I will contact you for your address. If you contact anyone else or I find out you post anything else online that is untrue (such as stealing your saw) I will loose interest in returning it to you as soon as I possibly can and I will continue with a the law suit I have already looked into. All posts have been documented and reviewed by a lawyer. I hope we have an understanding and I suggest just sitting tight until I contact you.

I told him if he wanted to go the lawsuit route I was game. Here is a copy of the message he sent me. I suppose I am naughty for posting it - but Dean will deal out his brand of justice. What a character!

Dean Hylton November 17, 2010 at 8:27pm Report
Greg I just hired a man to unpack it out of storage. As soon as it is out it is on it's way to you. Just a hint though. Every time you cross a line and contact a family member or my wife or post something derogatory online, I loose interest until I calm back down. When I have your saw in hand I will contact you for your address. If you contact anyone else or I find out you post anything else online that is untrue (such as stealing your saw) I will loose interest in returning it to you as soon as I possibly can and I will continue with a the law suit I have already looked into. All posts have been documented and reviewed by a lawyer. I hope we have an understanding and I suggest just sitting tight until I contact you.

Sounds like it is time for a road trip.:blob2:

Why a lawsuit, shouldn't you be doing that?

The lawsuit would obviously be for Definition of Character.
He doesn't like people knowing what he's done, because it hurts his reputation, and therefore his ability to do business.

Defamation: saying untrue unkind things about a person or business.
Definition: saying true unkind things about a person or business. :biggrinbounce2:

Right now I am waiting for Dean t make himself not a thief. He has my property and will not return it. Until he does the saw is stolen.

I don't think filing a suit is worthwhile, lawyers can do a lot but they cannot make turnips bleed - even if they are bad turnips!

I wonder if he is doing the same things with guns?????

I doubt it. When you steal guns the BATF gets involved. Those boys play a whole new ball game, Dean's smoke and mirrors would not get far. Those are big serious felonies.

Unfortunately he got my saw before I really figured out his true colors. I wish his health was better but he trashed his honor all by himself.

Road trip for sure, lawyers sux, and the cops aint gonna do anything. My saw, im going to get it. One way or the other. My .02 only.

What is wrong with people these days, having someone else unpack his stuff!!!! Pretty lazy, i am suprised he has the energy to facebook, talk on gun forums and make empty threats. i hope his attorney knows he probably wont get paid for his services, lol, sad thing is we (working taxpayers) are probably paying for him to sit at his computer all day.

Road trip for sure, lawyers sux, and the cops aint gonna do anything. My saw, im going to get it. One way or the other. My .02 only.

I am in Indiana, Dean is in Washington. It would cost more to drive there and get the saw than a new lower end id worth the jug is junk. If things got ugly while there I could buy 10 saws for what I could pay in legal troubles. And I really don't want to hurt the guy I just want him to return my property. I would be better of to drive 10 minutes and buy a new 460 than to head to Winlock. Even after 1k plus miles turnips just don't bleed.

i had a situation once where someone was threatening me with a lawsuit. i gathered all my data, consulted with my attorney who then wrote a letter to the offending party (the other guy). there was a huge vacuum where they backed up from their posturing. never heard from them again. sometimes letters on an attorneys letterhead can do wonders. might cost you a couple of bucks though unless you know an attorney who will do it for you. might consider.

Back