Stolen tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mud, I feel your pain. There is no money in keeping these petty thieves in jail, the money and justification is to keep them on a leash. Give them a little rope, haul them back in. Fine them over and over and make them pay for all their rehab classes. The PO's have to justify their need, the judges do too. In these parts, if you are caught for an alcohol related crime they will drag you on a journey that will last at least 3 years! Counseling, classes, substance abuse training etc etc. I call it catch and release. A friend of mines son is starting a 4 month stint today because he drove drunk, tried to (albeit low speed) out run the cops, they used spike strips to stop him. He is his own worst enemy, he is on probation, couldn't lay off the booze so his PO busted him and he has to serve the remainder of his sentence, he's 27 and this is his 3rd DWI, two before he turned 21! Dome people just shouldn't drink.
I am a firm believer in poetic justice. Maybe the kid that keeps steeling needs a blanket party? With a rubber hose and some gasoline, you can scare a blindfolded person pretty bad with some gasoline! :)

we had two Case combines stolen from a local dealer a few years ago - parked 2 flat bed rigs across the field - rolled in at night loaded up and rolled out with two machines - not sure if ou guys know what combines cost but ....... both machines were sold and waiting to be picked up by new owners

even worse is you make a claim on ins. next round of renewal price is jacked way up - even if you shop for different ins they quote higher because you had a claim.
Dang ins . is almost higher than my property taxes now. one claim in 30 years.

I dont know what is going on around here. I have never seen the amount of stealing going on as we have now. Last week, 2 4wheelers stole, another tractor, a trailer, and a sheriff deputy car, with his gun and badge, and one deer feeder, complete with pics of the perp. This week already been two facebook post of stolen cars. Houses being broke into right and left. There have been a lot of pics of the people committing the thefts and they still havent caught anybody. I have always been locked and loaded, now I am locked and loaded within arms reach. I spot light any sounds I hear at night and my yappers (3 little schnauzer's) let me know if anything is outside. Squirrles, rabbits, another dog, or people.

I dont know what is going on around here. I have never seen the amount of stealing going on as we have now. Last week, 2 4wheelers stole, another tractor, a trailer, and a sheriff deputy car, with his gun and badge, and one deer feeder, complete with pics of the perp. This week already been two facebook post of stolen cars. Houses being broke into right and left. There have been a lot of pics of the people committing the thefts and they still havent caught anybody. I have always been locked and loaded, now I am locked and loaded within arms reach. I spot light any sounds I hear at night and my yappers (3 little schnauzer's) let me know if anything is outside. Squirrles, rabbits, another dog, or people.
thieves irritate the dog out of me...lazy azzes,, are worthy of death....

So very true The problem is if you or I do anything about it, we are considered the perp. That just ain't right. Life -ok, Liberty ? not with the current court system, Pursuit of happiness ditto.

Just seen a post on facebook, the tractor that was stolen last week was recovered in Farner tenn. Didnt say if they caught anyone. Probably wont ake much differenceif they caught the thief or not. The guy that stole my buddies tractor only got probation and then went out and stole 4 more vehicles.

Just seen a post on facebook, the tractor that was stolen last week was recovered in Farner tenn. Didnt say if they caught anyone. Probably wont ake much differenceif they caught the thief or not. The guy that stole my buddies tractor only got probation and then went out and stole 4 more vehicles.
that make your tenp soar a few defgrees???????? and the ass that stole it..ought die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did do that a few years back set out a bait pile of splits - put the night cams on it- got the perps in the act - the real key was the lic plate #. cams required no additional light source other than ambient. - so no blooming from reflected IR.

A tractor has replaced horse/oxen drawn machinery. If farmers/homesteaders didn't have their 'tractors', they would potentially starve. Back in the time when those 'implements' were used to farm, men who were caught stealing horses/cattle were hanged.
Just stayin'

A tractor has replaced horse/oxen drawn machinery. If farmers/homesteaders didn't have their 'tractors', they would potentially starve. Back in the time when those 'implements' were used to farm, men who were caught stealing horses/cattle were hanged.
Just stayin'

Yep, back then there were CONSEQUENCES for one's actions, unfortunately days, Not so much:(

We need to bring back penalties for "Unacceptable Behavior", I am all for Draconian penalties, things like Theft/Robbery, Rape, Assault and Murder are all crimes that one CHOOSES to Do, they are NOT "Accidents" someone chose to commit those crimes, and the Punishment should be Severe enough that it would actually DETER someone from committing the crime.

Publicly announce the new penalties, then START ENFORCING them, after a few criminals actually get a LONG sentence Imposed/served they will start taking it seriously. I don't even have a problem with the Death Penalty for Rape, or Serious Assault, Rape in particular can have Life altering effects on the Victims, and again is something that the criminal CHOSE to do.

Make the penalties Severe, and Prison a place that, you DON'T WANT to be, and we will see a decline in crime.

Doug :cheers:

Yep, back then there were CONSEQUENCES for one's actions, unfortunately days, Not so much:(

We need to bring back penalties for "Unacceptable Behavior", I am all for Draconian penalties, things like Theft/Robbery, Rape, Assault and Murder are all crimes that one CHOOSES to Do, they are NOT "Accidents" someone chose to commit those crimes, and the Punishment should be Severe enough that it would actually DETER someone from committing the crime.

Publicly announce the new penalties, then START ENFORCING them, after a few criminals actually get a LONG sentence Imposed/served they will start taking it seriously. I don't even have a problem with the Death Penalty for Rape, or Serious Assault, Rape in particular can have Life altering effects on the Victims, and again is something that the criminal CHOSE to do.

Make the penalties Severe, and Prison a place that, you DON'T WANT to be, and we will see a decline in crime.

Doug :cheers:
but, but, the leftist communist socilaists wont like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like the idiots in the political area....

Bleeding heart Libs - and they are ones screaming the loudest and longest when they "borrowed" from. Got to love the do as I say not as I do mentality.

Bleeding heart Libs - and they are ones screaming the loudest and longest when they "borrowed" from. Got to love the do as I say not as I do mentality.

Latest posts

Back