STP Bar and Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurSawer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone use it?
It is 12.99 at Auto Zone here.
TSC is 15.99. Regularly 16.99. They want 24.99 for Husqvarna Bar and Chain.
Ace and Grey Bottle Stihl 24.99

I've run about 20 or 30 gallons of STP through various saws and liked it. Plenty of tackifier which is great for the bar rails and chain links but best for the hands- less vibration. I think I got it online from Walmart in 1 G. jugs. Hit and miss with Walmart on B+C oil. I've been running "bottom of the tank" oil from a local oil jobber at about 5 bucks per gallon and if I like the batch that's available will buy 30 or 40 gallons of it. I frequently mix it 50/50 with B+C oil just to get some tackifier in it. A 55 G. drum of good B+C oil is over $500 these days and you have to go through the hassle of pouring it into daily jugs. Sinopec makes good B+C oil at a reasonable price but frequently must be purchased by the drum and I found the shippers would only deliver to a dock (which I don't have).

We don't have Rural King here. I hear good things about them.
There's one in Wytheville and Martinsville, Virginia. I get Cam2 bar oil from Rural King for $9.

To the others: Heck Home Depot sells Echo bar oil for $14.27 or $12.84 if you buy 4 gallons, that's cheaper than the dreaded ripoff Tractor Supply, I hate that place.

Back