Stump grinder remote upgrades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8scott72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's two things I did to my remote to make my life easier.

First, I don't wear a watch and it's easy to lose track of time while grinding so I got my sister's old Timex and stuck it on one side.
2009-09-24011.jpg

Second, when I bid large jobs now I tell the customer that I can do it one of two ways. They can pay me by the hour based on the hour meter on the grinder or they can pay me per stump and I will count them as I grind. It's easy to lose track of how many stumps you have done, well for me it is as my mind wanders when I grind for hours at a time. Taking a pen and paper with you is not very practical so I asked for this counter for father's day. When I get done with a stump, click, then off to the next one.
2009-09-24007.jpg

2009-09-24012.jpg

Oh, I also have a label on there that says "Reward if returned" and my name and phone number.

Good ideas. I would have to put the counter somewhere else though.
I used the metal loop where your counter is, to hang the remote on an old belt I dug out of the closet. I get tired of holding the remote for even one stump. Now it hangs in front of me, suspended by the belt. If I need to use a rake or shovel while grinding, I can slip the remote around to my side or back, on the belt, out of my way. Then slide it back in front when I go back to gruinding.

Jeff

Good ideas. I would have to put the counter somewhere else though.
I used the metal loop where your counter is, to hang the remote on an old belt I dug out of the closet. I get tired of holding the remote for even one stump. Now it hangs in front of me, suspended by the belt. If I need to use a rake or shovel while grinding, I can slip the remote around to my side or back, on the belt, out of my way. Then slide it back in front when I go back to gruinding.

Jeff

I tried with it clipped on but didn't like it. I'm well used to holding it after almost 300 hours.

The "Reward for Return" is a good idea. I need to do this to everything I own - except my wife

Back