Stump grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I'm struggling trying to navigate this site so I may be in the wrong area. But I have an easy question, I think. I have a Rayco 1635a super Jr stump grinder. The gas tank has a tube attached to the gas line that goes down into the tank. This tube is plastic and has been damaged and I run out of gas with a quarter tank still left in the tank and sometimes when theres plenty of gas and I am on a slope. My question is, how does that tube attach. It is attached to a medal fitting on top of the tank. I thought it was threaded, but it just spins. Don't see how you could get a clip on it from inside the tank, but that may be. Anyone every take one off?

Hey guys, I'm struggling trying to navigate this site so I may be in the wrong area. But I have an easy question, I think. I have a Rayco 1635a super Jr stump grinder. The gas tank has a tube attached to the gas line that goes down into the tank. This tube is plastic and has been damaged and I run out of gas with a quarter tank still left in the tank and sometimes when theres plenty of gas and I am on a slope. My question is, how does that tube attach. It is attached to a medal fitting on top of the tank. I thought it was threaded, but it just spins. Don't see how you could get a clip on it from inside the tank, but that may be. Anyone every take one off?
If it just spins on the top you are either stripped or you have a bulk head fitting ..... In which case there is a nut below your hose barb that needs to be twisted out. remove the whole fitting and go to your local hose shop and have a new tank draw made for your fuel tank should have enough fuel to run for 8 hours or better just keep it above 1/3 of a tank! Depending on size (3/8 NPT probly) I have found tank draws at local heavy truck shops as well.

Thanks Fairbanks. It to be a bulk head fitting ( cylindrical with another hose fitting screwed into it for the gas line). But doesn't seem to have a nut under the hase connection. I take it, you mean inside the tank. I checked the inside with a telescoping mirror.

I'm new to this site, but for the past few years I have been doing the stump grinder rental thing, its time I guess to buy my own. it will either be a brush bandit 2150 or a vermeer sc252, does any know if there is a site that has compared either model or should I be looking at another model. I limited by choices by the number of dealers in my area of what I can choose. Any help would be appreciated. Both have good products as I have had both vermeer and brush bandit chippers in my fleet.

cheers

Our Dosko is more productive than either of those.
Jeff
http://www.dosko.com/stump_grinders.asp

I've been stump grinding for many years and had a variety of grinders. I'd be very surprised if your Dosko was any where near as productive as my machines, but if it is, Good luck and God bless.

If anyone is looking for a like new rayco rg1635sj, let me know. Only has 60 hours on it. Greenteeth. 35hp Briggs Vanguaard. 2-speed travel, hydraulic steering. Nice clean machine. Officially out of tree care as of this spring so just sat most of the summer - rented out to another tree svc a couple of times just to keep new fuel in it. needs to go. $12,500. can ship/deliver. scott - AP 605.228.9350

Attachments

• IMG_20130630_171355_857.jpg
    IMG_20130630_171355_857.jpg
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back