Stump vise for your saw :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made mine at once when i got to the woods, felled a smaller tree and made the vise then started the "real" cutting :)

( i have only made the vise one time and after i pic some guy posted at Swedish forum, found the youtube clip yesterday and thought i post it here)

looks like a pain in the ass, and a waste of time if you have to build one every time you go go wood, unless you cut in the same 50 ft square all the time. Why not just set it on the tailgate, or use the 5 dollar stump vice from baileys.

I would have cut half way through the log on the ground behind him and plopped my big butt down there. But, if it's a real stump vice you need. Leave the stump at the height that's most comfortable for you and cut 2 verticle groves several inches deep and stick a stick , or wedge, in the grove on one side to tighten up the grove on the other. On the other hand, making cool stuff with a saw is always worth the time, as long as the boss don't catch you, Joe.

I prefer to carve a bear out of the stump to hold my saw while I sharpen. Only takes a little longer than that. Looks like it would be good fodder for Gypo parody video. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back