Stumped!(pun intended)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your reply. Tested on known running husq450 and got 115 psi. Retested echo and 6 pulls got me to 135 psi, and held down to 115 for 3 minutes.
Sounds like there may be an issue with your tester. How many pulls do you normally do? I pull until the gage stops moving, sometimes 10 or more. If you are doing that and getting only 115 on a known good saw, you may have a bad comp. tester. Not sure what you mean by the bold text above - "held down to 115...." Was the gage bleeding off? That wouldn't have anything to do with the saw compression.

Did it ever run with the 310 coil? As for the plug, I had one go bad on my splitter. It worked fine on day and then didn't. It was arcing down the inner insulator. Replaced it and it was fine. Regarding the carb screws - were those the factory settings? Did it ever run with them as they are?

I had a auger that would not start and it had a wet plug. Plug would fire outside of the cylinder. I swapped plugs and air dried cylinder with compressed air and still wouldn't fire. I finally re gapped the plug super tight and it fired up. I assume from that the coil is weak but still functioning.

Comp tester is an automotive style, first time I tested it against a known running 465 xp, three pulls got me 115 on the 465 and 120 on the echo, rechecked with 6.pulls and got 120 on the 465 and 135 on the 3510, i habe also aeem on here that 4 stroke tester can read low on 2 stroke engines. I never did get it to fire with the coil off the 310, but upon reinstalling on parent saw it fired right up. I go hookes a timing light up to the 3510 and ran it off a car battery and a drill and got trigger. Unfortunately I don't know what correct timing would be and don't have a degree wheel to call out measurement. All I can think of is that the coil off the 310 is set for a different trigger delay than the 3510 can work with. Goint to bite the bullet and get a new oem coil, and if that don't work I ll warranty it. I got it through HD so there is no service. It's a drive to the nearest auth. service place. I did happen to go pick up a new echo 590 and I have to say, what a difference! bought a gallon of premix and ran two tanks through it, got to open it up in wood today and I m in love! Cork oak, valley oak and eucalyptus didn't even bog it. I was knocking 16" rounds off of 32" logs without breaking a sweat. And the gas stank is massive! I cut for 45 minutes before needing to refill. I love the saw....a little pricey for me, but no where near what a 60cc Stihl or husq would have run me. Only.complaint is no primer bulb, but I havent had any problems starting it(except when I forgot the off switch was fixed instead of momentary).all. I cut is seasoned firewood, hard and soft, and so far(1 day) it's chewing throigj the wood like it's butter. Anyway, I ll update when I get the 3510 running again.

Have you ever heard of baking a coil. Put it in the oven 2-3 hours around 300 and will dry any moisture in the coil. Not an Echo fan at all, but I have heard nothing but good things about the 590 and 620. Glad it is working out for you.

Have you ever heard of baking a coil. Put it in the oven 2-3 hours around 300 and will dry any moisture in the coil. Not an Echo fan at all, but I have heard nothing but good things about the 590 and 620. Glad it is working out for you.
Haven't heard of that but I ll check it out. Thank you -tip of the hat-

You say that you almost stripped the crank "bolt". It's a nut holding on the flywheel and if you are turning the engine the right way, you should be loosening it, not tightening it. CCW when looking at the FW. Timing will mean nothing if the engine is turning the wrong way.

Latest posts

Back