Stupid boss pick my rope would ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjasonpsquirrel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So so angry just bought a brand new 150' hank of Samson vortex and my (incert very bad words hear) of a Forman desides the best way to tye my saw (once i'm in the tree)on is not to use the nice and shiny breakaway lanyard already fastened to the saw but to rap the vortex around the Handel twice and then around the bar resulting in the biggest pick ever what a dumb @$$$&$$&?!!.;$:$ people with no brains should stay the hell away sharp things and rope don't mix you twit

Any similar story's you guys want to get off your chests

Watch out !! he will use it for a towrope to pull his truck out the mud next !!!welcome aboard ., you can read many stories of that nature here ..no shortage of dummies in this field :bang:

Not so bad, i've seen groundies cut you're climb line completely in half. I actually just got 120' of Vortex cool in yesterday to see what it was like..and yes i beleive it would pick easily, 16 strand most likely would have avoided that outcome.

I have a 150ft. length of vortex hot, nice and fat, good rope, but need 200ft. for these tall nor cal tree's.

I have 200ft. of bluemoon, but to skinny for me...

So so angry just bought a brand new 150' hank of Samson vortex and my (incert very bad words hear) of a Forman desides the best way to tye my saw (once i'm in the tree)on is not to use the nice and shiny breakaway lanyard already fastened to the saw but to rap the vortex around the Handel twice and then around the bar resulting in the biggest pick ever what a dumb @$$$&$$&?!!.;$:$ people with no brains should stay the hell away sharp things and rope don't mix you twit

I think the what your are desribing is to take a bight, thread it through the wrap handle then over and around the bar? It truly is an asinine way to tie on a saw.

I think the what your are desribing is to take a bight, thread it through the wrap handle then over and around the bar? It truly is an asinine way to tie on a saw.

Why is it better to tie it off to the lanyard on the saw so the poor bastard in the tree has to juggle the saw while he unties a hatchet knot cause it got smacked on four branches on the ride up making it real tight ! That's how I tie em on and if ya do it right the saw flies up straight remember its balanced to be carried by that handle and used

Why is it better to tie it off to the lanyard on the saw so the poor bastard in the tree has to juggle the saw while he unties a hatchet knot cause it got smacked on four branches on the ride up making it real tight ! That's how I tie em on and if ya do it right the saw flies up straight remember its balanced to be carried by that handle and used

I don't know what yer still doing here, ain't you supposed to be leading somekind of parade in Baltimore?

But anyway, if we are talking about the same method then I have no choice but to call a true pillow biting pole smoking bare back rump riding , uh, um person. Sorry, its not my fault maybe you should just stop doing those things.

Is this what happened?

001-38.jpg

No I take the 2 halves and run them through the handle where the trigger is then I take that those 2 parts and run them over the brake handle and a still has a nice wing on the handle that works real nice

Any thing would be better the around the bar and I find if you tie it around the Handel it tends to catch in forks more blabla pull your rope through the forks before you put the saw on

And this is why rear handles run the full length of the saw!!
I'll never make it as a groundie! takes too long to thread the rope thru little hole in the end of the bar.....

Not so bad, i've seen groundies cut you're climb line completely in half.

A few years ago I was removing a large oak. First day with a brand new 150' hank of Samson Arbormaster Blue Streak and my groundsman is cutting brush below me. I tell him over the comms system to be careful around my rope as he's very close to it. He replies back, "how can I not see it, it's bright and stands out among the foliage" then with his next cut manages to cut it. It quickly became a new 80' hank and 70' hank.:angry:

If I have to have a saw sent up, I'll slide a carabiner down my climbing line. If you make circular motions with the rope, it slows the biner down as it drops along the line. All the groundsman has to do is make any kind of loop knot, clip the biner into the knot & saw and I can haul it up.

Back