Sugihara chainsaw bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wottiv

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for a 14" Sugihara bar to put on my 200t. I found one on eBay, located in the uk, and the shipping is as expensive as the bar. Just wondering if anyone has a source in the states that might carry Sugihara. Thanks for the help!

Why do you want a Sugihara bar ?
The Stihl Light bar in 14" works so well. Combined with Stihl PS 3/8 Picco chain it cuts very well on my Snellerized 201-C.

Here Is My Snellerized 201-C With 14" Stihl Light Bar In Action

Thanks for the replies. I am a fan of high quality handmade knives. Having a high quality polished steel bar is obviously not necessary, but to me it would be cool. I saw the carving bar, but it is not what I am looking for. I realize the bar is around $100, but I don't feel that is too high a price considering the size and quality. I've paid a lot more than that for a 4" folding knife-

Total makes a nice shiny bar, but everybody is dropping bars in the 14-18" range do to lack of sales. There is a dealer in Canada for Sugi that may have access to a 14" bar.

The short Sugi bars are much more common (and popular) in Europe than in the US. They also are sold under the "Red Mountain" brand.

Have both and the Total Super/Tsumara is just as nice, just not as light, as the Sugihara IMO. Have not tried the Tsumara Light and Tough but they look awesome. There is a member who can get them, do a quick search. The sole US distributor of Sugihara had very little in stock last I checked.

Have both and the Total Super/Tsumara is just as nice, just not as light, as the Sugihara IMO. Have not tried the Tsumara Light and Tough but they look awesome. There is a member who can get them, do a quick search. The sole US distributor of Sugihara had very little in stock last I checked.

Far from all SugiHara bars are the "light" ones that have been sold in the US - so it isn't fair to compare the weight of the Sugi Lights to the regular Tsumura/Total bars.

From what I have seen (and been told), not all Sugi bars are the same nice quality as those Lights either.....

hev.com might be able to fix you up if you contact them. They gave me a quick response to a question a week or two ago and are who I plan to buy a Sugihara bar from in a few weeks.

Hu

I suspect that company is at least part of the reason that SugiHara bars aren't more widely availiable in the US - but I may of course be wrong.....

I suspect that company is at least part of the reason that SugiHara bars aren't more widely availiable in the US - but I may of course be wrong.....
You are not.... they are the only supplier. There are several dealers for them, mostly local in Kentucky, Indiana, Oregon and a couple of others.. I happen to be one of the only ones on-line.

Randy,

I talked to you about that bar. A day or two later you posted about not being able to serve people in a timely manner or at a decent price on some items that you couldn't have drop shipped. That and your reply to me seemed to indicate pretty strongly you weren't interested in selling me the bar. Not a biggie, but that is why I am going to hev for the bar and why I suggested them here. My first choice is always sponsors but I do like going to the source of components too. Still plan to get a BBK from you before too long, depends on how screwed up my medical insurance is after the first. Just got the bill for over $70,000 for fifteen minutes in the OR a few months ago. Insurance covered most of it, I have to see what I can negotiate on the rest after the holidays. Toy money may be hard to come by.

Hu

Back