Supersplit extension table

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've wanted to make an extension table for the Supersplit for awhile. The oversized table wasn't available when I originally bought it, otherwise I would have got it.

I used materials I had laying around. If I bought the materials, I would have made it 4" longer. I plan to add removable legs for supports, as I plan to stack wood at the end of the extension as I work bigger pieces down.

I made a box to put on the side. It has small items I use all the time with the SS. Things like spray lube, a putty knife, a rag, wire brush, small broom, 9/16" socket, safety glasses, etc. I also put a few screws to hang hand tools like my handsaw, hatchet, and brush knife.

I've wanted to make an extension table for the Supersplit for awhile. The oversized table wasn't available when I originally bought it, otherwise I would have got it.

I used materials I had laying around. If I bought the materials, I would have made it 4" longer. I plan to add removable legs for supports, as I plan to stack wood at the end of the extension as I work bigger pieces down.

I made a box to put on the side. It has small items I use all the time with the SS. Things like spray lube, a putty knife, a rag, wire brush, small broom, 9/16" socket, safety glasses, etc. I also put a few screws to hang hand tools like my handsaw, hatchet, and brush knife.

Nice. I have never used a putty knife or wire brush. I use a stainless steel scrubber, which appears to take the place of both, is very effective, and easy to clean the round roller bearing.

stainless-steel-scrubber-250x250.jpg

Nice. I have never used a putty knife or wire brush. I use a stainless steel scrubber, which appears to take the place of both, is very effective, and easy to clean the round roller bearing.

View attachment 798825

That is a pretty darn good idea. I have a putty knife that I stick between the flywheel cover. I have thought in the past about mounting a tool box on the machine with some WD40, putty knife, SS scrubber, and a 9/16 wrench for when a sliver gets stuck under the wear plate.

I also have the smaller, original table. That actually works good as it fits the conveyor apron.
When splitting larger stuff I do one of two things.
One is to off load one half round on the cutting bench behind me, easy and quick enough, but an extra step for sure.
Or if there is room, simply tip one of the halves on end, and it gives me a bit more room to work the other half, without adding that additional step.
Your table looks good, and definitely will help.

I also have the smaller, original table. That actually works good as it fits the conveyor apron.
When splitting larger stuff I do one of two things.
One is to off load one half round on the cutting bench behind me, easy and quick enough, but an extra step for sure.
Or if there is room, simply tip one of the halves on end, and it gives me a bit more room to work the other half, without adding that additional step.
Your table looks good, and definitely will help.
I’m liking the extension for stacking splits and to prevent pieces from being pushed off the table onto the ground. I do want to build a staging table to keep rounds and pieces needed to be resplit on.

Nice. I put both an electric motor and the gas motor on mine. All I need to do is flip the belt from one flywheel to the other. But I have to remove the cover, which uses two different size nuts. I cut two wrenches, welded them together, and then welded a little ring on the frame to hold the wrench. Still, I need somewhere to store the WD-40, the putty knife, large screwdriver, crowbar (for when things get really stuck) and whatnot.

Latest posts

Back