Superstorm Sandy aftermath. Man, I wish . . . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlyinEly

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If I had the resources, I'd abandon deer hunting season, pack up all my arborist gear, chainsaws and trailer and head east in a few days and spend a month donating my time. Gonna be millions of trees to be taken off houses, cars, boats, etc.

We went through the Red River Flood of 1997 in the Red River Valley of N.D/Minn., and it was amazing to see people swarming in from all over the United States to help us. It's a lesson I've never forgotten.

How cool would that be to be able to get out to the eastern U.S. and do good for others. Yeah, pretty cool. :)

It sure would be great to help those it need after a storm like this. I get told by the wife all the time that sometimes it ok to say no to helping out, but that just wouldn't sit well with me. I was raised to always help where I can and I will pass that on to my children. When we had the July 2011 storm at the cabin in Burnett County Wi. dad and I cleared out over a mile of road just so we could get to where the township had go through with there loader. Helped numerous neighbors get trees moved so they could get out of there driveway. Then in September we had 6 or 7 friends and family members plus 2 skid loaders to use to clean up our own 2.5 acres so we could get through with atvs and snowmobiles plus cut down the fire danger. All we did is feed them and made sure there was gas and oil and plenty of beverages to stay hydrated til night fall and we brought out the good stuff. Even though it wasn't them we help after the storm they were still there to help us in September.

Latest posts

Back