Suspenders-

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the chaps to be hard to get off in a hurry today. I was cutting firewood in the heat of the day. Muggy and 65 or so. It was a maple that had been on the ground for a couple of years. Good wood for next winter. I felt somthing stinging me on my leg, and another, and so on. It was ANTS! Ants in my pants!:msp_ohmy:

#### Gologit, a man with your credentials could wear a damn hardhat with fuzzy bunnies on it and get a way with it. Us up and comers got to watch our backs here and there.

#### Gologit, a man with your credentials could wear a damn hardhat with fuzzy bunnies on it and get a way with it. Us up and comers got to watch our backs here and there.

Yeah but I just wore the decorated hat in my shop for the pictures Slowp required. No way was I going to wear that thing to work. People tell enough stories about me already and I just ain't that brave.

I found the chaps to be hard to get off in a hurry today. I was cutting firewood in the heat of the day. Muggy and 65 or so. It was a maple that had been on the ground for a couple of years. Good wood for next winter. I felt somthing stinging me on my leg, and another, and so on. It was ANTS! Ants in my pants!:msp_ohmy:

Try the Velcro trick...especially on the belt. Works great.

Never tried the 'Y- back suspenders. Make sense. Suppose I could just leave one of the rear straps unhooked and get the same effect?

Appreciate the button suspenders, and have one pair for my Jonsered protective pants as they came with the buttons attached. What I like about the clip suspenders is that they work with everything: jeans, chaps, Carharts, etc. without having to modify them or thinking about which pair I need to wear.

Philbert

Other than the obvious lesson to be learned, I also noticed that dropping your drags down too low doesn't seem to make a dull chain cut any faster, surprises.

I wear X-backs. Black ones with button fasteners from Welch. I like them. They hold up my baggy black pants. I also have a pair of red clip-ons that are a permanent part of my ensemble...they hold my chaps up without having to resort to the contortions required to fasten that stupid buckle every time. Matter of fact, the buckle got replaced with heavy duty Velcro. I kept the red clips on, though. Makes the chaps ride exactly where you want them.

I'm also a grandfather. I've been a farmer.

I was going to try wig powder once but a friend of mine from Whitefish said that the only people who knew anything about wig powder or were prone to using it, were from Kalispell. I don't know a lot about Montana but he seemed to think that being a wig-powdered citizen of Kalispell was the social equivalent to being the third assistant skimmer at the local sewer treatment plant. I didn't want to be mistaken for either one so I passed on the wig powder. And the wig, too, for that matter. You, of course may powder your wig to your heart's content.

Have a nice day, Sonny. Grandpa.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Bob, Ol Whitefish is our equivalent of your LA or San Fran. . . Ain't many good folks left up there -- they been run off by carrot eating, bunny hugging, sweater wearin', grubby hippies.

Kalispell ain't the same as 30 years ago, but it still ain't no Whitefish. Also, don't admit you have a friend up Pinkham Creek, or Hungry Horse. :laugh:

Oh yeah, we're talking spenders.

I'd wear them if falling full time in the twigs, but would choose a belt otherwise. My belt holds my Leatherman (original) on the left, and my Gerber tool and mini-mag on the right.

I like the Wild Ass Jeans (they actually have lasted longer than other double knees I've owned), but used a set of dikes and lopped off them buttons right away. . . They really dig the crap out'a ya with a belt.

I have warn spenders off my 40lb tool bags since 2001, so I know what they're all about. They are a very useful piece of equipment.

Oh yeah, we're talking spenders.

I'd wear them if falling full time in the twigs, but would choose a belt otherwise. My belt holds my Leatherman (original) on the left, and my Gerber tool and mini-mag on the right.

I like the Wild Ass Jeans (they actually have lasted longer than other double knees I've owned), but used a set of dikes and lopped off them buttons right away. . . They really dig the crap out'a ya with a belt.

I have warn spenders off my 40lb tool bags since 2001, so I know what they're all about. They are a very useful piece of equipment.

Cutting tools Leatherman, Gerber and mini-mag? Is that by any chance you, Metals?

[video=youtube;X2TNgPYSNJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TNgPYSNJQ[/video]

Cutting tools Leatherman, Gerber and mini-mag? Is that by any chance you, Metals?

[video=youtube;X2TNgPYSNJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TNgPYSNJQ[/video]

:hmm3grin2orange:

Naw, that's mah cousin Big Jake.

The Wild Ass w/buttons are looser fitting than the Keys, which makes them more comfortable, but the pockets are weird.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Bob, Ol Whitefish is our equivalent of your LA or San Fran. . . Ain't many good folks left up there -- they been run off by carrot eating, bunny hugging, sweater wearin', grubby hippies.

Kalispell ain't the same as 30 years ago, but it still ain't no Whitefish. Also, don't admit you have a friend up Pinkham Creek, or Hungry Horse. :laugh:

Noted. Like I said, I really don't know much about Montana. I spent some time based in Hamilton and had a few memorable nights in Missoula a few years back. Nice country...friendly people. I'll have to sen Bigskyjake a jug of wig powder for his birthday. :laugh:

Noted. Like I said, I really don't know much about Montana. I spent some time based in Hamilton and had a few memorable nights in Missoula a few years back. Nice country...friendly people. I'll have to sen Bigskyjake a jug of wig powder for his birthday. :laugh:

Missoula eh? Don't judge the state based on that chithole! :laugh:

That town is really too big for it's britches. . . All the libs from in-state and out'a state have flocked there like a hippy to a weed convention.

You needed to come north 120 miles to see the real Montucky.

Missoula eh? Don't judge the state based on that chithole! :laugh:

That town is really too big for it's britches. . . All the libs from in-state and out'a state have flocked there like a hippy to a weed convention.

You needed to come north 120 miles to see the real Montucky.

It wasn't too bad when I was there...about 1978 if I remember right.

When I get back to that part of the country I'll make 120 mile trip north. You buying lunch?

Latest posts

Back