T540xp Throttle/Strato Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect Harvest

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought a used, non running T540xp a few weeks back. I got it running (the impulse line was off the nipple on the case).
The only way I can get the throttle butterfly and strato butterfly to work decent is to flip the linkage rod going to the strato 180 degrees (not end for end), from how it came (and from the few pics I found online), but then the strato butterfly would only open about 1/3 at WOT. I took the linkage off and bent it a bit, now it opens maybe 85-90%, but doesn't start opening til the throttle is almost half open. I've ran 2 tanks through it this way and it seems to run ok.
So my question is, should the strato butterfly match the carb butterfly from fully closed to wide open?

Thanks for your time!

Ok, thanks guys. I'm not sure why that little rod needs modifying....but it makes sense looking at the strato that it would only start opening once the throttle is well under way. Should be pretty easy getting it to open all the way.

Watch the linkage as you press the trigger to see how it moves.

You can see the small bend in the linkage I used to help pull it open a fuzz more.

Attachments

• 20180211_202450.jpg
    20180211_202450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180211_202957.jpg
    20180211_202957.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20180211_203021.jpg
    20180211_203021.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
As long as both fully open at the same time at wot and it starts to open near half throttle, it should be set. Just the fun challenge to get the mixture screws set correctly and you should be good to go. Some folks for some reason have a hard time adjusting that setup, just like any other to me, just have to throw out what you have learned from a non-strato motor and start new. Hi speed setting is a little richer on these on the number of turns out. I've seen anywhere from two to three turns out on hi setting.

Steve

Latest posts

Back