Talk to me about skid loader grapples

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 773 with a 72" root grapple, it is the bee's knees for tree work. You can move alot of **** in no time with it. Tops, logs, rocks!

I wish mine wasn't so big, all they had a 72" when I bought mine. I'd like to be a bit smaller because it is so heavy...around 1000#.

traditionalfool011.jpg

I have a 72" just like that one and it's not the bees knees...it's the cat's pajamas!
I also have a 60" with a solid bottom and it's for sale $800 cause I like pajamas better

I agree that looks like the ideal style grapple for working with logs. Of course a good operator helps :)

Ken

We were out in the woods today with it, and we'll be out tomorrow too. I'll see if I can get another video to put up tomorrow night. showing a few other things.

grapple

This company has been selling a few around ny and pa.He had them out to the Farm show last month and sold several there.I was at the woodsmans fieldday in Boonville last year and he was quite busy running around and filling log decks for the guys selling wood processors.most of the guys that was buying them were cutting firewood and liked the way it picked up and held one log if needed. Skidsteer Model

Have a 7753 Bobcat. Looking to pick up a grapple. Tell me your experience. Root rake rounded style? Longer tine type? Solid bottom? Single or dual clamp?
I'll take all the info I can get! :msp_confused:

Thanks!!

It seems like there are 100s different manufacturers and styles of grapples these days. What are you using it for? I would definitely recommend a "dual clamp" for picking up uneven loads...if you're picking up even loads, you wouldn't want/need a grapple in the first place.

I have a single cylinder root/brush grapple...it rarely gets used. My flat bottom tine grapple with dual cylinders is perfect for most all wood applications, I use it all the time...my bucket grapple sits as well.

Don't stress too much over the width of the grapple...depending on the size of your machine, smaller grapples will work fine, and the few hundred pounds you will save can be worth it. I have demo'd three rancher style houses with my grapple and loaded them into roll off dumpsters.

You can find countless uses for them, and they seem to lead to more purchases, for me, I ended up with a set of tracks and a set of solid tires for countless demo projects.

<sigh> I have that problem too with my commercial grapple :(

I think the hoses are too long for one thing.

Ken

So far, bungee cords are the best solution I've found for keeping the long "primary" hoses out of the pinch points. They're long because they have to be in order to allow full range of motion for the grapple to "roll out". I tried shorter hoses, but ended up ripping them apart because they didn't have enough travel.

Latest posts

Back