TCI Expo Discussion Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxburton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are you here in Baltimore? If so, what do you think of the show? If not, why? Here's some news from the front lines.

*I got a chance to try out the JR Arch. At $490 it's really a steal, in my opinion. It works quite well.

*I checked out the Ground Crew machine. It seems like it could be very useful in the right situation.

*Salsco has a very interesting clutchless system for their wood chippers. The salesman claimed that under extreme load, the system is designed to fail and can be fixed with an allen wrench, a $40 part, a quart of oil, and about 10 minutes of work. Hmm!

*I bought some files from Save Edge, who claim they will last much longer than the files I've been using from Timber Savage. We shall see about that.

That's all for now!

I'm thinking about taking the family tomorrow, since it's pretty close. The only info I could find gave a price of $25 to get in for three days. Is there a single day price for the expo floor only?
Thanks,
Onelick

Yes, you can register on the spot for the floor only. I think it's only 15 bucks. They want you in there. I'll check out that saddle for you tomorrow, BostonBull.

i just got back last night, the show was grate! any body else get any of that
new chain oregon had?

Because the better half told me Baltimore was too far to go with all of this work left to do I find myself sitting around the house pouting. So to I guess I have to look forward to the next one. Has TCIA or ISA announced the next sites and dates.

The boss came back yesterday. He told us he bought a remote operated Grapple for the crane. Anyone see this booth?

That grapple looked pretty slick, seems like a big work and time saver. Let us know how it goes.

BostonBull,
The "Rig 'em and Roll" grapple for the crane does look like a great time saver. They had their earliest prototype and an intermediary grapple, and the current production model there. Very nice idea. Your crane operator can snag the limb and the climber stays put in the tree at the base of the limb, ready to cut the limb loose. By the time the crane man swings the branch away and lowers it to the ground (or swings clear and opens the grapple and lets gravity do its bidding :) the climber is repositioned at the next cut point and by the time the grapple has grabbed the next piece he/she is getting bored waiting. No time lag to place a sling for each piece. Very cool. They have a video they were handing out, too, on DVD.
The treeMotion saddle is very nice, felt good on and the best I can do is hope my New Tribe Pro wears out soon, 'cause I'd have no other good reason to spend $489 for a saddle at this time.

And ISA will be in Hawaii next summer. I'll be there for the conference and a wedding afterwards (an arborist wedding, of course).

Nickrosis said:
And ISA will be in Hawaii next summer. I'll be there for the conference and a wedding afterwards (an arborist wedding, of course).
Great place to get married. I'd do it at the Lyon Arboretum, upslope from the wackiness of Honolulu.

I'm tacking on a week to play and sightsee after the conference. Time to start saving my pennies...

PTS said:
Because the better half told me Baltimore was too far to go with all of this work left to do I find myself sitting around the house pouting. So to I guess I have to look forward to the next one. Has TCIA or ISA announced the next sites and dates.
tcia hartford, isa hawaaii

vermeer show specials

at tcia in baltimore, was vermeer offering 10 percent off or were they going by some other price scale. i was looking for prices on 252 and the 352.

Latest posts

Back