Tecomec FL136

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn29

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these ? If so what do you think of it ? Also what about the auto feed attachment Oregon used to have for the 511a , do they work or are they more trouble than they are worth ?

glenn29 said:
Does anyone use one of these ? If so what do you think of it ? Also what about the auto feed attachment Oregon used to have for the 511a , do they work or are they more trouble than they are worth ?
I purchased on a few months ago and sharpened a few chains with it. The only thing I don't like is I have to adjust the stop pawl just a bit when switching from left to right cutters or it sharpens the cutters un-even. Maybe I just have not figured it out yet. Also I am not exactly sure about centering the drive links in the vise. Do you tighten the nut in until the drive link is snug in the vice, or do you tighten it enough that the chain is centered when it is pulled freely through the vice? I think this is the problem that necessitates adjusting the stop pawl.

glenn29 said:

We gave up on the auto feed. Works o.k. until it hits a chain with a slight tweak in it, and then starts to sharpen all over the place.... Do use the hydraulic clamp though - actuates when you lower the wheel.

Lakeside53 said:
We gave up on the auto feed. Works o.k. until it hits a chain with a slight tweak in it, and then starts to sharpen all over the place.... Do use the hydraulic clamp though - actuates when you lower the wheel.
I was not sure how the hydraulic clamp would hold up.

Latest posts

Back