termite damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeseer - Thanx. I already spoke with Anne at the ISA. Faxed her the ad. Couldn't wait to see the new AT&T ads but everything was the same. Oh, well.

You never told me who to reference for tacking fresh bark back on. And there's nothing wrong with removing dead tissue - just didn't want to compromise the tree's stability by removing too much.

who to reference for tacking fresh bark back on.
well you can look at page 15 here in the sidebar-- http://www.tcia.org/PDFs/TCI_Mag_June_07.pdf Also shigo talked about it. don't know of formal research on it.
And there's nothing wrong with removing dead tissue - just didn't want to compromise the tree's stability by removing too much.
Right; I usually remove the soft stuff and leave the hard stuff for stength.

airspades make great cavity cleaners. :blob2:

treeseer - thanx for the reference. I resently had a run in with some flying broken potery and had a very deep scrape on my arm. Part of the original skin was still attached so I smoothed it over and applied anti-bacterial ointment and a bandaid, to allow the wound to heal from the inside out. What would correlate to this procedure in the world of arboriculture? I think that trees are alot like us.

Good news on the termite tree - we did the drilling with the 1/8" bit and the heart wood was sound. I placed termite killer around the base of the tree, in the dirt, we cleaned the crown removing deadwood and potentially hazardous branches, and the old gardener was replaced with two guys I was able to talk to and discuss good sustained release fertilizer. The owner was pleased. His wife still had her tree with its squirrels and birds to watch.

Happy Ending!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back