Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

go_orioles

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this site and looking for some assistance on a new house/property I will be moving into shortly. The house suffered from extensive (and undetected) termite damage, and renovations are nearly complete. A walk around the the property identified several trees that appear sick (to the untrained eye), including pooling *sap* (though probably not sap), deep holes (first image) containing rotten smelling black fluid (see fourth image of fluid collected on a stick), completely dead/brittle trees, and partially dead trees. I have very limited tree knowledge and am looking for some direction here, though I think some trees may have to go based on the extent of damage and proximity to the house. I have included some images here. One image is of a particularly large tree close to the house with a large, rotted hole in the main trunk as well as several clearly dead branches.

Any idea of what is going on here?

Thank you

IMG_4967.JPG IMG_4968.JPG IMG_4969.JPG IMG_4970.JPG IMG_4971.JPG

I agree with BC
You will want to begin a professional management plan. These trees are larger than you want to mess with yourself. Is it too late to get the seller to pay for some of the arbor care?

Latest posts

Back