The 361 from Hell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy this saw?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • Maybe, if Satan repents

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
This ad is active on CL right now. Its a dirt cheap, and I am tempted, but... man, its rough. And according to its owner, it has been within a descendant of Satan's reach.

Amusing and sad at the same time. Oh, its two and a half bills (cheap, yes).

beat 361.jpg

Main saw, up for sale. This hurts but I have to liquidate and most of everything must go. I had DNA test on my girlfriend of three years and finally proved what I suspected after 6 months together, she is SATEN'S direct decendant and I gotta get the f&$k away from her.

The saw runs perfectly and has new chain, spindle, bar, extra bar with new tip, handle springs and vibration dampers. This is the deal everyone wishes they find first but usually it's the other guy. I will not go any lower so don't ask. I'm already in a bad mood. I am looking for a set of 32/11.50 R15 or slightly larger with 50 to 75% tread on them. Semi Auto 45 might be considered as long as I like the brand name.

Yeah I'd buy it if I wanted a 361. Yes it's ugly, but pretty doesn't cut wood!
If it's mechanically sound then for sure.
Better than half of my saws look like heck, but they run good. Wood doesn't care.

I feel like this might be one of those things where you enact a seemingly inoccuous transaction with a person, and then your house gets broken into, truck stolen, missing persons report gets filed, etc. You get the gist... I'd pass. Unless you'd like to be on the 5 o'clock news of course. Lol

If I were close enough to check the saw out first, and if it was a good runner, I would buy it. But I would be careful, and check it real well.

Last year a guy on Craig's list wanted to sell me 2 460s in great shape for a total of $800. He was very hard to reach, and when I did reach him a few times, he sounded very sketchy. I concluded the saws were either imaginary or stolen, so I walked from the deal.

you for sure wouldn't see me pay $250 for that thing. if i really needed a 60cc saw and it was a runner i would pay $100-$150. as i am today $50 for parts LOL

Yeah I'd buy it if I wanted a 361. Yes it's ugly, but pretty doesn't cut wood!
If it's mechanically sound then for sure.
Better than half of my saws look like heck, but they run good. Wood doesn't care.

Used and neglected are 2 different things....i have some very well used saws that show it with scratches and things of that nature , but i keep them blown out with compressed air , filters clean etc.

That saw is a money pit waiting to happen.

250 Wouldnt happen if you had intentions of flipping it. If this becomes a personal saw then I guess its worth whatever your willing to pay.

Back