The Chinese saws are here, and they are becoming popular

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some Husqvarna and Stihl copies too, but don't know if they were current production. I suspect some of that is from making replacement parts - put enough of those together and you are making saws.

Your generalization is absurd - China is a big country with lots of different manufacturers and exporters, many different types of people. No doubt they do things for their own benefit, not ours, just as we do, but there will be lots of variation in ethics and the legality of what is done - also just like here. I would not buy a copy that I thought was unauthorized.

What you don't realize is that China is graduating engineers in huge numbers, while we pump out MBAs and host of other worthless degrees, and much of the state of the art stuff is designed as well as manufactured there (especially in electronics). The western corporations that sell that stuff are just sales and marketing fronts for the massive Chinese corporations that are the actual industrial capability behind it all. Many are aware that we lost our manufacturing capability, but not as many realize the design and engineering went right along with it. Only a fool underestimates the competition.
LOL thank you very much for the good laugh this morning, you just keep your china dolls and heck why don't you just move over there with them since you seem to love them so good.
You are a real American to turn your back on American made products and go out of your way to purchases china shat, when and only when you get 15 years of dealing with the Asians under your belt then you might be able to tell me my generalization is absurd.

LOL thank you very much for the good laugh this morning, you just keep your china dolls and heck why don't you just move over there with them since you seem to love them so good.
You are a real American to turn your back on American made products and go out of your way to purchases china shat, when and only when you get 15 years of dealing with the Asians under your belt then you might be able to tell me my generalization is absurd.
I don't see any US made (and I believe desgned) Poulans in your list of saws. In fact I like Poulans quite a bit and have recomended them in this thread and others. To me, if it isn't made here it's foreign, and that includes anyplace in Europe too.

For the record, I've spent over 25 years designing and manufacturing products in the US, including investing a considerable sum to help buy back our company from a foreign owner. Saving about 45 US manufactuing jobs for the last 7 years I might add.

You just keep believing the Chinese are not capable of designing anything - and I'll respect my competition and keep working to keep a head of them.

I don't see any US made (and I believe desgned) Poulans in your list of saws. In fact I like Poulans quite a bit and have recomended them in this thread and others. To me, if it isn't made here it's foreign, and that includes anyplace in Europe too.

For the record, I've spent over 25 years designing and manufacturing products in the US, including investing a considerable sum to help buy back our company from a foreign owner. Saving about 45 US manufactuing jobs for the last 7 years I might add.

You just keep believing the Chinese are not capable of designing anything - and I'll respect my competition and keep working to keep a head of them.
Please explain to me how you are keeping ahead of anyone? You are one of the biggest cheerleaders on this site for the china saws and to read some of your posts you think they are better than sliced breed, so who or what are you trying to stay ahead of, from where I am sitting you have just bent over for them?

Please explain to me how you are keeping ahead of anyone? You are one of the biggest cheerleaders on this site for the china saws and to read some of your posts you think they are better than sliced breed, so who or what are you trying to stay ahead of, from where I am sitting you have just bent over for them?

So you're not aware that a number of Stihl products are made and assembled in China and all new Stihl saws have varying levels of Chinese componentry? To keep things consistent here I think you should give Chris a break and focus your attention on Stihl themselves.

So you're not aware that a number of Stihl products are made and assembled in China and all new Stihl saws have varying levels of Chinese componentry? To keep things consistent here I think you should give Chris a break and focus your attention on Stihl themselves.
I don't even want to be into this topic and I am leaving, but I could not take his first post that drug me into it where he stated the chinese saws are based off of old obsolete designs and the fact him and his groupies trying to play that their china dolls are just as good if not better than the true OEM designers.
Sithl themselves are getting blasted for their factory they built in china and I have already said my piece to them about and if I ever need a Stihl piece and it says on the sticker made in china, I will purchase another competitor;s brand or make other arrangements.

I don't even want to be into this topic and I am leaving, but I could not take his first post that drug me into it where he stated the chinese saws are based off of old obsolete designs and the fact him and his groupies trying to play that their china dolls are just as good if not better than the true OEM designers.
Sithl themselves are getting blasted for their factory they built in china and I have already said my piece to them about and if I ever need a Stihl piece and it says on the sticker made in china, I will purchase another competitor;s brand or make other arrangements.

Hey I share your concerns. I mean Stihl building saws and components in China is nothing more than pure greed. They aren't even a publically listed company so it's not like they have shareholders to look after. As good as some of these clones are they all have some sort of issue that needs fixing. None are as good as OEM and anybody that claims they are is talking it their ass.

I could not take his first post that drug me into it where he stated the chinese saws are based off of old obsolete designs
I stated that most of them were, not all, and I'll stand by that. If you read my comment it's pretty darn clear.

the fact him and his groupies trying to play that their china dolls are just as good if not better than the true OEM designers.
WTF are you talking about? I've never said anything of the kind - when it comes to chainsaws I'm a hack playing around in my barn. In my real job I design products sold all around the world (including in China). I damn well know the difference.

What's wrong with China saws?

STIHL_Gebaeude_Asien_0003-1-680x451.jpg
stihl-qingdao-eroeffnungsfeier-1-680x452.jpg
STIHL_Produktion_Asien_0013-680x452.jpg

I'm perfectly happy with my Stihls and those that I have operated over the years. Never really ran any Huskies for any time. All this talk about China saws! I am curious about them from a firewooding aspect. I've spent all morning googling and have not found where I could buy one, only finding wholesalers. Where can I find them for public sale? (Don't shoot me! Genuinely curious here)

Duane

I'll have to look next time I go... No Menards around here; they must be an eastern US chain? I'm curious about the Stihl/Husky copies (70cc range)... wouldn't mind flogging one for a few woodcutting seasons. I'm NOT taking one on a fire, no way!

Duane

I'll have to look next time I go... No Menards around here; they must be an eastern US chain? I'm curious about the Stihl/Husky copies (70cc range)... wouldn't mind flogging one for a few woodcutting seasons. I'm NOT taking one on a fire, no way!

Duane
I don't know how to find the Stihl and Husky copies. If you search eBay for generic stuff like 62cc chainsaw, 52cc chainsaw, 58cc chainsaw, etc, you should find a few of the Zenoah copies.

Latest posts

Back