The members here are better off growing and eating a lot of garlic.👌👌

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
***Health benefits of garlic***
1. Better Blood Pressure
2. Lower Cholesterol
3. Reduced Risk of Heart Disease
4. Garlic for Colds and Flu
5. Better Athletic Performance
6. Stronger Bones
7. Improved Memory
8. Super Skin

My wife and I both love the stuff, ends up in just about everything we cook. Mine are soaking as we speak in a weak miracle-grow bath, Planting in the morning if the rain stops!

Attachments

• 20221015_170741.jpg
    20221015_170741.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
My wife and I both love the stuff, ends up in just about everything we cook. Mine are soaking as we speak in a weak miracle-grow bath, Planting in the morning if the rain stops!
I eat raw garlic even though the breath smell is not good.

I am old enough not to be interested in girls anyway🤣🤣🤣

My wife made some black garlic with a slow cooker.

It tastes like jelly and is good for human health as well, but I still like to eat raw garlic. 😋😋😋
black garlic.jpg

We have elephant garlic growing at my dads. Grows like a weed, spreads out over time and requires almost zero care so long as there’s a little rain. Pretty sure this 4’ square patch started off as a single plant. Really tastes more like an onion than most garlic I’m used to, and adds some zing when used raw in a salad. Not sure if it’s worth cooking with, I’ll Google that. If so, I should stop over and pull some out for my next beef stew.

If any of y’all are around Buffalo or Niagara Falls, NY, you’re welcome to some if you’d like to grow your own.

We have elephant garlic growing at my dads. Grows like a weed, spreads out over time and requires almost zero care so long as there’s a little rain. Pretty sure this 4’ square patch started off as a single plant. Really tastes more like an onion than most garlic I’m used to, and adds some zing when used raw in a salad. Not sure if it’s worth cooking with, I’ll Google that. If so, I should stop over and pull some out for my next beef stew.

If any of y’all are around Buffalo or Niagara Falls, NY, you’re welcome to some if you’d like to grow your own.
Elephant garlic is not a true garlic. It is in the leek family

There is no such thing as too much garlic, that's like too much money. The health benefits are just a bonus. 😂 our favorite is Salmon fillets covered in chopped garlic with a small pat of butter and seasoned with salt and cayane pepper, then broiled for 3 min and baked for 10 to 15 more min. Served with a side of long grain brown rice, and steamed 🥦 broccoli. 🤤. I also make my own tartar sauce , mayo+ a little dill pickle juice and diced dill 🥒, and a dash of lemon juice! We have this at least once a week, and it never disappoints. We grew our own broccoli last year and the difference between homegrown and store bought cannot be described, like homegrown tomatoes! It's only 8:30 am here but now I'm hungry for dinner! 😂

If you read the history of it, its understandable. Saddly, the last three yrs were not kind to the community of Gilroy, between the attack that happened and the pandemic, they suffered a LOT! I believe they moved it to the county fair grounds in Stockton? Gilroy is still the garlic capitol of the world, you can smell it miles before you get there!

well,--- I guess it has to be planted in the fall and there are no sets to be had around here in the fall. In spring only the elephant stuff is around but it wont produce here at all.
I am too busy in the fall with harvest so planting garlic time goes buy and out the door on me!
Really would like to grow some !

Latest posts

Back