The name of the game is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Don't hit any pink stakes.

blakes002.jpg

That is Tom there standing next to Jesse. Tom is upset that since the survey team marked it all wrong he has to cut another tree down. This one.

blakes004.jpg

We were in ther yesterday, A little rainy and they said the gust were 45 mph. I beleive them, it was fun.

blakes003.jpg

That stump is from the first day. We couldn't drop it in the winds and the survey guys were pounding in stakes everywhere so I climbed, dropped all the small limbs out the sent out the three tops on puller so they wouldn't blow over and hit the truck... or break a stake.

we did this the first day too.

blakes006.jpg

But when we showed back up Sat morning it was drizzling lightly and dead calm so I just notched this one on the grass along the property line.

blakes004.jpg

It was a little hollow

blakes007.jpg

Last edited:
they we went to play a new game

blakes012.jpg

Couldn't drop it without the risk it of it pounding something we didn't want to pound

blakes009.jpg

I cleared up to 8 inch dia and set a rope at 10. I came down and sent half out then we dropped the trunk. I know, I was 4 feet long on the tip cribbing.

blakes009.jpg

The notch we pulled with the winch on the pick up

blakes013.jpg

The notch we pulled, I could have taken a hair more out on the backcut. Still would have held but would have been a little more plyable and would have held a little longer but well she fell she only hopped a little and rolled a quater turn anyway

blakes014.jpg

It was wide, but it wasn't narrow. It wasn't deep but it wasn't shallow. It wasn't long, but it wasn't short. Basically what I am saying here is " Hell, I dunno, I saw it on youtube"

blakes015.jpg

Well the survey crew was there and they wanted to survey and they did. The excavator was there and he wanted to excavated and he did.
We were there too and we did what we wanted just like everybody else dam it.

At the pine TD the old man who lived there died and his kids where selling off his equipment. He had made door slabs in a shop back there, they were for sale too.Lotsa doors. The kid wanted to know what he could do with the pine logs. We cut the logs ten foot and left them. we gave him a number of a mill guy and told him to make some doors.:greenchainsaw:

So no broken stakes u r disappointing us Dan hell I would have hit one just to see them do something dern scope dopes are a joke lol:cheers:

Yeah, when you see another tree service as you drive by you wave. You don't have to smile but you should at least respectfully wave. That pretty much goes for any other tree guy you might pass throughout the day. I mean if anybody wants to climb up there well ya got some respect coming from me, sure.

That being said when the one survey guy walked up to my notch, put his hand on it, looked at it with some kind of scruntiny I said " hey pal, dat meet up to your standards?" then buried a bar in some pine trunk sending some chips his way. true story, I couldn't help it.

Yeah, when you see another tree service as you drive by you wave. You don't have to smile but you should at least respectfully wave. That pretty much goes for any other tree guy you might pass throughout the day. I mean if anybody wants to climb up there well ya got some respect coming from me, sure.

That being said when the one survey guy walked up to my notch, put his hand on it, looked at it with some kind of scruntiny I said " hey pal, dat meet up to your standards?" then buried a bar in some pine trunk sending some chips his way. true story, I couldn't help it.

Brawhahahah thats all better then :cheers: rep to follow lol when reloaded.

Brawhahahah thats all better then :cheers: rep to follow lol when reloaded.

yeah, apparently the survey crew marked it all wrong. Also they were supposed to wait til the trees were done. That is what I heard from the Tom, the bulider/owner. I thought they should have rolled when then saw the tree work needing to be done but they went about hammering more stakes in the ground. The excavator guy was nice to have around to move the logs out of the way but as soon as we left one section he started digging. Shame it was in the wrong spot but furtunately, for him, the area he was in was upwind.

never get used to working for buliders. Once it was a stone dead oak, been crumbling for years, in the middle of a brand new perk field. Even if they are going to help with a loader on the job they usually scrape off the grass for us first:dizzy: I swear everytime. Then they say, " now you can drive up to it". Now there is all this mud and rocks when it was clean even grass and we are like " what? are you stupid? Just go park this thing over there and come over when we call Ok?"

yeah, apparently the survey crew marked it all wrong. Also they were supposed to wait til the trees were done. That is what I heard from the Tom, the bulider/owner. I thought they should have rolled when then saw the tree work needing to be done but they went about hammering more stakes in the ground. The excavator guy was nice to have around to move the logs out of the way but as soon as we left one section he started digging. Shame it was in the wrong spot but furtunately, for him, the area he was in was upwind.

never get used to working for buliders. Once it was a stone dead oak, been crumbling for years, in the middle of a brand new perk field. Even if they are going to help with a loader on the job they usually scrape off the grass for us first:dizzy: I swear everytime. Then they say, " now you can drive up to it". Now there is all this mud and rocks when it was clean even grass and we are like " what? are you stupid? Just go park this thing over there and come over when we call Ok?"

Lmfao you got it bad Dan lol:cheers:

Meant to get a pic of your dash last week. Seems someone has problems putting their crayons away when they're done with them.

Who ever can get that off would be something of a magician. I don't mind, looks cool. Sarah loves to ride in the trucks. Sometime I put her in the dump and drive her to school and then hit the jobsite.

Back