The New Stihl 441(pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STIHL USA lists MS441 in product list one feature is advanced combustion technology:clap:

pinus said:
STIHL USA lists MS441 in product list one feature is advanced combustion technology:clap:

I'm thinking that "advanced combustion technology" refers to the large amounts of money that their products cost the consumer.

coveredinsap said:
Because it's like burning money when you purchase a Stihl product. Hahahahaha!

Seems you know something no one else knows there, the price of the 441. What is the price, we'd all like to know. I saw some tomahawks that cost more than the new 660 I just bought, now talk about a waste of money, totally worthless for anything other than to hang on the wall I guess. Odd part the fellow that makes them does not stand behind his work at all, no warranty whatsoever. Now isn't that something. From what I gather this guy rants and raves all the time about coustomer service and warranty yet he himself sorta says in his warranty once you buy it its yours. Now isn't that about as two face as it comes. It no wonder Bill O , (Pappa Bear) calls these types Kool Aid drinkers.............

John Dolmar said:
Stihl ,first they steel Dolmars idea of a motorcycle to help market their product,then they steel Husquvarnas filtration system.Go figure!

Glad you brought that up. Speaking of the Dolmar bike with all the chainsaw powerheads on it could you explain what the purpose of that bike is. I mean whats the point of that machine?? At least the Stihl bike can won and rode down the road, it fullfills a purpose other than advertising. A man can put a set of tags on it and go on. I can't see anyone pulling up to a gas station and filling up 20 some powerheads with no lead and asking if they got 50:1. Seems Stihl out smarted Dolmar on that deal and as for advertising Dolmar could take alot of lessons from Stihl and maybe get some market share. Don't get me wrong, I like all saws but as for who is stealing from whom think again. During World War 2 all of Stihls patents and designs were released by the US government and in turn that lead to a chainsaw boom. Everyone was using Stihl's designs cranking out more modern chainsaws than ever before. Course its easier to do when someone else has laid out the plans for you. So if you want to talk about stealing you may want to ask where the modern chainsaw idea and designs came from, takes more than a spring and a filter to make a modern saw.................

Some tools-equipment rental companies here are carring only outdoors of Stihl and are saying that this is the oly brand what is lasting in hands of people:confused:
Burning of leaner mix is meaning increased thermal and mechanical stress on the piston-jug-cranck combo, so weigths are forced to increse

pinus said:
Some tools-equipment rental companies here are carring only outdoors of Stihl and are saying that this is the oly brand what is lasting in hands of people:confused:
Burning of leaner mix is meaning increased thermal and mechanical stress on the piston-jug-cranck combo, so weigths are forced to increse

We have a local saw mill here that claims the samething. They use 066's only claiming its the only saw that can stand up to 8hours a day, 5 days a week of continued use. The Town of Leesburg where I live all use Stihl trimmers and saws claiming the same reason, they hold up. I personally sell to the Town and they are delighted with 40 or so Stihl products they have and use on a daily basis. I also sell to a few golf courses nearby and they too claim the samething. The local fire department is 100% Stihl claiming they have to have the "best". The fellow I deal with at the fire department told me most all fire companies in the country use Stihl but I can't verify that, just repeating what he told me..............................

The "real life" is manifold.
In the forest and in hands of farmers HVA and Jonsered are more common here. Thats seem rather tradition. As the STIHL name in USA has magic force, the HUSQVARNA has a similar influence here:chainsaw:
Seem that Partner has gone now totally.
May be winter is playing some role too. I heard a talk that the Makita (Dolmar) was the single saw that fired up (easily) on saws testing procedure at ca -30C in Finland:dizzy:

MS441 Stihl In Stock NOW!

It is a Smooth machine and seems very well built. Price is about the same as an MS460 with a 32" bar and chain.

It does have a lot of "husky" features. I guess it is the greatest form of flattery to imitate!?

Latest posts

Back