The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im assuming velcro straps. I think you may be more comfortable closer to the tree (shorten up lanyard) and that will make it easier to cut. good to see all PPE and safety line.

So right you are. Those are the Velcro straps on my (almost) brand new Carbon Geckos. :smile2:
So I'm too far away from the tree you think? OK. But I feel rather comfy. But I will try how it feels working closer to the stem. Thanks for the advice.
I never climb or use my saw without the proper PPE. Same goes for tree removals on ground also.
Safety line with a GriGri2 feels really safe. Especially if you want to bail out real quick. (When the wife is shouting......) Just realease the lanyard and down you go.

Last edited:
Is it ok if I keep part of it black if I get that 261 I'm dreaming of?

Nope, gotta change it back to orange. Just trying to look out for ya man, they turn a saw that has been disgraced in to a blood thirsty demon saw.............Ive seen it.

So right you are. Those are the Velcro straps on my (almost) brand new Carbon Geckos. :smile2:
So I'm too far away from the tree you think? OK. But I feel rather comfy. But I will try how it feels working closer to the stem. Thanks for the advice.
I never climb or use my saw without the proper PPE. Same goes for tree removals on ground also.
Safety line with a GriGri2 feels really safe. Especially if you want to bail out real quick. (When the wife is shouting......) Just realease the lanyard and down you go.

Whatever works for you. I find it easier to make my notch if I'm closer than you are to the tree but if that's what works for you then that's good. Wife screaming or bees nest, both on the same level of danger!

Yey!!! I just signed up for a advanced tree felling course. :blob2: Three days course with exam. After that I will be licensed to handle storm-felled forrest in great tension and other tricky stuff like trees with nasty lean. Good to have it on black & white.
Wish me luck guys! Mucho expensivo......... Hope it's worth it.

Jeep work

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Worked @ the shop today, did some milling,welding,plasma cutting, and used the lathe. I love the shop, we just put in a keg in the fridge with a tap going thru the door... Greatness.! I can work thru the night...lolView attachment 254563View attachment 254564View attachment 254565

Latest posts

Back