The official 3 man PA GTG thread 8/29/15 (vid heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to think my ported saws could/should run a bigger sprocket. I think all would agree that ported saws make their power in the higher RPM's. How do you stay in the higher RPM's? Smaller sprocket. So now I have changed my mind on sprocket size. I hate to dog bog my saw, I would rather slice through with a self feeding chain at high RPM.

11% gain on my 357 swapping to 8 from 7 with and 18" bar. For firewood use, I'll probably use my 20" for a while with the 8 and see how it goes. I can always switch back if I notice any dog boggin'.
But honestly runnin' it feels like
dog-barking.jpg

Good show boys! If you had mentioned you were going to that pizza place for lunch I might have canceled some plans to be there;). I did have the chance to mix up a bag of tannerite today.... Maybe we should incorporate that into our next gtg. We could blow a big log in two or something. :):)

Did you hear who might be showing up on Saturday

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What you talkin about old ... but congrats on the wise part ... I'm still foolish!!!

Was staining the back of the house today, had one foot on the deck rail, the other on the roof of the shed, so I could reach the siding near the gutter, and I'm afraid of heights!!! But I got it done! Sometimes, necessity overcomes fear!

I'll post the address up on here when I get to the house unless somebody has a better idea

I'll post the address up on here when I get to the house unless somebody has a better idea

One step ahead of you......hehe

1354 Sollenberber Rd.
Chambersburg, Pa. 17202

I did'nt know if I should put the name in/on here, so you can if you think that's okay..

Back