The plot thickens: a third Sveedish candle design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too easy to do.

My fellow candle fan thinks we need to head east and find "some resiny pine." I swear by charcoal lighting fluid and he swears by sawgas tu get dur candle burnin'.

Thanks for reminding me. I have two already constructed scandihoovian candles in der shop.

I do like the music. Maybe we should play that kind instead of banjo music.

We talking about this beautiful Swedish candle?

images

Only one question about that...

Where do you find this "dry" wood and kindling? Everything seems to be quite wet around here...

Only one question about that...

Where do you find this "dry" wood and kindling? Everything seems to be quite wet around here...

Two mates of mine, they were guiding the snowmobile safaris for the tourist - they had a nice wisdom-of-the-noble-savage-routine. The tourists wanted to learn some of the survival skills needed in the wilderness as well. Well, the "wilderness" was circulating in the woods not too far away from the hotel. The first task was always making a fire. The lads showed the tourists how to prepare kindling - we cut it here like this:

jkl00742.jpg

The kindling of that type is called "kiehinen".

Ok, they let the people to give it a try. It's not that easy if you haven't done it before in the snow. You'll get blisters, stiff fingers, running nose... the frozen wood won't catch fire easily. After awhile the lads said: "Now, it's time for the Saddam's kiehinen!"

"??????"

The thing was, they had secretly soaked chops of wood in the gasoline. They showed a single match for the prepared wood and KA-POW. The flames went five feet high.

Saddam's kiehinen. That's the answer.

I did it soooooooooo differently :bang: , I used turkey oak cut with a saw 3/4 the way down 3 times (makes 6 points) i used pine to light the wood and it burns like it should

New! Improved! Extra Physics!

[video=youtube;WfRovJ1KcCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WfRovJ1KcCg#![/video]

That's really cool. I'm going to show that to my wife...both she and my brother are really interested in primitive technologies, her being and archaeologist, and I don't know what his escuse is. :msp_tongue:

Latest posts

Back