The Prez is trying to help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, we're expected that putting the Fox in charge of the well being of the Hen House is in the best interest of the Hens. I don't trust the Foxes in this capacity.

This proposal coming on the heals of a proposal to loosen, if not eliminate, the air quality standards that effect the worst air polluters, leaves me very pessimistic about the real intent of these changes.

The article closes with:

He said the plan provides no minimum standard for protecting endangered or
threatened species and "no solid protections whatsoever for wildlife and
environmental sustainability."

Sounds like we're going back to agro-forestry and not multi-use.

Tom

Sounds great to me. Wow, imagine a forest managed by foresters?? Odd Idea.;)

Better than being managed by some bootlickin' politician like the one who closed the article.

Glad to see some sense and logic to forest management instead of blanket policies laid out by someone who knows more about getting a headjobs from fat chicks than any kind of land management or forest mgmt.

Having forest managers manage forests for MUSY. Never thought I'd say it - way to go GW.

Maybe we'll get to do some more of them buttkicken clearcuts that we miss so much on the National forest.

i think its a great idea!! like tx said, "a forest managed by foresters!!!":) :blob2:

I think this reporter dropped the ball. It wasn't that long ago that the news was reporting that proffers were to be given by the logging companies in the form of fire protection. The question remains, are they working toward fire prevention or are they merely harvesting forests before fire has an opportunity to waste them?

Good point 429 :D :D

I do believe that WRW has a good point I'm wondering the same thing if they're doing it for fire prevention or just harvesting before it all gets torched :mad: .A forest managed by foresters would simply be amazing I think..

Later Rob.

If anybody has worked much on National forest land know their pretty good managers to start with, but since they shut down most of the west coast logging on National forest land except for salvage, so maybe if the prez steps in they will open up that part of the country.

Sure he is.

It's all "trickle-down" and we're the bottom of the barrel. He's the point man for big business and no one's been better able to dispose of any and all regulations designed to keep things like Enron from doing what they did.

Money's the bottom line - if you want real rewards in that medium I'd go to work for DynCorp but it requires a slight loss of ethic. Oh well, any and everything's for sale now.

Oh well, any and everything's for sale now.

Always has been!!! Just more people sitting around whining about getting short changed with there hand out looking for what they regard as their fair share. Used to be a man went out and earned it with hard work. Today's business ethics aren't any better or worse than they have been through our industrial history. Just more laws and more greedy lawyers mucking up the system and diverting the "trickle". Of course we also have the sensational reporting of the news and the creeping paranoia of the conspiracy theorists, to sully the picture of how things really are in realtion to how they really were.

On the topic, the present situation in our National Forests is unnacceptable, but Tom has a very valid point about the intentions of the administration in regards to changing usage and practices. Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

Something needs to be done, our forests in New Mexico, are too overgrown, and full of dead trees. Why not let people clear it, and profit a little. The USFS has opened up areas here for semi contract cutting. I can get a permit to cut 1000 trees (dead standing) out of an area, and to me that makes more sense than contracting huge companies that will destroy the forest because they can grease the politicians. The former rules were too strict, now they look like they are going to no rules at all, We need a happy medium here!-Matt

Latest posts

Back