The smallest chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Guys are right, that 35 was not the right saw..but an evolution of the design in a few later production years.with anti vibe added..John has got the right pic , and the right info, it was the 32, and the Solo I think...a 600 sumpthin...like a 610 or a 630 or somethin like that..but you wont mistake it when ya see it.
I was at the Solo USA HQ in Newport News, bout 2 years ago,and theyhad those saws on a shelf in their conference room, {both colors, red ones and Orange ones} .The National Sales manager, Dave Longfeild, mentioned them to me and said something like, "I bet Youre familiar with those" "Did ya know we made em?"
I wish I had a pic of the Solo for you fellas, but i cant find one. I carry my dig cam with me on the road however and Since im in about 300 different dealerships every year..I'll run across one an try to get a pic if I can remember to do it.

Hey all...I just got off the phone with an old friend of mine who happened to be a Stihl Distributor for British Columbia, for many many years....now I know nothing of Stihl history, so I phoned him to ask him...and he absolutely swears up and down that Solo never made a saw for Stihl...He did however, mention that he remembers when that story came out....He said it was something to do with the fact that they were in the same city at one point...

He also mentioned that "Peter" (Stihl?) would chop off anyones head for saying such a thing! lol...

Just thought I would throw that in...lol..gotta love a wrench...

Here's a pic of the Solo 631. This is the one they made for Husky. Don't know about the 015 connection.

parts for Ohlsson & Rice / Orline engines?

I like those Ohlsson & Rice engines. Anyone have a line on where you can get replacement parts? I've got to tear apart a carb and it might need a carb diaphram.

there is one of those solo 631 on ebay right now , guy says it's 10 years old nad has never been run. sure looks like an 015

jeff

Picture037.jpg

I have it !

I rule !

The Remington Mighty Mite had 34cc and weighed 6 and 1/2 pounds with out the bar and chain. That gives everyone a starting point. If you have a smaller saw please post the specs,that away we might find the smallest.

Mini Macs are 29cc's.

are them orlines worth anything on ebay? Ive got one for parts thats damn near new that someone strait gassed. I sure as heck dnt plan on fixing it since i cant get parts. i might have to hit up the trade and post.

The Mini Mac 30,I believe they went by,I think they might have been around 7 pounds with out the bar and chain,do you recall if that is right? If that is right the Remington would be the lightest,and the Orline would be the lowest CC so far with 25.

Mini mac 25 is just over 6 lbs according to google.

I've got an Echo 290EVL that is in good condition and 27.9cc

Runs well too with good compression but still gutless :)

Here is a picture of it with 12" bar on top of my 120cc Husky 3120. After numerous nights, candles, some red wine, and Barry White playing in the background I DID NOT get a 70cc Echo/Husky hybrid mid sized saw :(

DSCF0054.jpg

Back