Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought captain jack would give me someone else to talk echos with when he first started posting here. Guess I was wrong seems hes just another douche here to start ****.

And now my take on the actual topic at hand. Stock for stock the 590 and 036 performed as close to the same as two saws can get. I would expect a stock 620 to pull away from a stock 036 no matter what size bar and as they got bigger the difference would increase.
Ported is anyones guess. Your average ported 036 isn't gonna run like docs and 590/600/620 won't run like Joe's. Say you get an 036 done by randy and a 620 done by Miller there gonna run different then the other two. There done by guys that know what there doing. Some guys just put more time into specific models and it shows.
If the wood calls for more then a 24 I'm grabbing the 7910 but the threads been entertaining while I wait for maintenance to fix my machine.

Whelp did a teaser video today in green pole. Yup, green pole. 42" bar and the echo didn't care. I'll upload when I get home.

Really tough stuff green pole is. You can see the saw didn't even want to bite into it at first, but I was able to lean on it a bit. Even with poor chip clearing with this type of cut the echo pulled through it. Chips were completely jamed at the tip in the cut. Muffler mod still stock P&C.

As an echo guy it's interesting to watch but why are you doing it. The oiler on the 600 series echo will make the oiler on most modern 70-80cc saws look sad but it's not keeping up with a 42. Let alone the stress on the bar mounts and case along with every other part of the saw that was never ment to handle more then a 27. Like I said if I need to go bigger then 24 I'll grab the 7910 every time. If that won't do it I'll either admit defeat or get ahold of one of the locals a ported 395 is most likely only a phone call away if its needed.

As an echo guy it's interesting to watch but why are you doing it. The oiler on the 600 series echo will make the oiler on most modern 70-80cc saws look sad but it's not keeping up with a 42. Let alone the stress on the bar mounts and case along with every other part of the saw that was never ment to handle more then a 27. Like I said if I need to go bigger then 24 I'll grab the 7910 every time. If that won't do it I'll either admit defeat or get ahold of one of the locals a ported 395 is most likely only a phone call away if its needed.
Obviously

Back