The toughest thing! New topic for column in TREE SERVICES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate plowing but do it, and not big on cord wood, maybe beause my punishment as a kid was a couple hours on the wood pile splitting :angry:

That sounds extreme...you must have been a real problem child :p ...Those trips to the wood pile always started with a kick in the arse

Thats actually a New England Tree Sweetshirt, they are asplundh rip offs :p , Who would want to be like Asplundh anyways????

What Asplundh sweatshirt?

netreesf.jpg

netreesb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm reading here about groundsmen getting paid 20 bucks an hour?!

Here in Central Florida, it's more like 8.

It's brutal down here, and there's so much competition from the hurricane tree companies (those landscapers/crack addicts turned illegitimate tree service by the sudden bloom of business from the three hurricanes that rocked us last year).

I'm not a business owner, but I do take an active role in my employing company's management, and I'd have to say weeding out the drunks, potheads, mentally unstable, and downright unreliable employees is the toughest thing. We work in the rain near every day, so that isn't a problem. We work on the weekend, so we can make up lost time on Saturday, it's just hard to plan your jobs when half your workers don't show up on Monday because they partied too hard on the weekend.

That, and it seems like no one likes hard work nowadays. I can't even count how many times I've gone ballistic on new groundsman standing around with their thumbs up their butts watching the Guatemalans chip wood and drag brush. That kind of laziness/racism makes my blood boil.

Mac

Latest posts

Back