Thermopex

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have any good tips on bending this stuff. I can’t seem to get it to bend up at all to go into the bottom of my CB 350. I put weights on it for 3 days to try to take the memory out, just can’t get it to bend at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a political yard sign in my drain tile for it to slip on and I tied two ropes around it then pulled it through with my bobcat. My trench was also deeper on that end so the angle wasn't as severe. You could use anything to pull on it. Cherry picker, get a vehicle close and use a strap. Just have to make sure it will slide on the tile and not get caught on the edge. I couldn't keep it pliable enough with heat to bend easily.

Pain in the ass but it's worth it.

Yeah I haven’t been able to get it to bend. I am thinking about bringing it right in to the bottom, then putting a 90 fitting on it and up into the boiler. I was then thinking of using the cut casing on the 90 and exposed pex, wrapping it and filling it with foam

Yeah I haven’t been able to get it to bend. I am thinking about bringing it right in to the bottom, then putting a 90 fitting on it and up into the boiler. I was then thinking of using the cut casing on the 90 and exposed pex, wrapping it and filling it with foam

Neighbor did that on his installation. Brought his straight up against house and 90'ed it into his house, has not had any problems. Also foam filled it for insulation and keep creatures out. When I ran my pex out to OWB, used two 45's with about a between them. Wrapped my pex in foil insulation, ran in 4" pvc, that was about 16 years ago. Just a suggestion that you may have done already, install an inline hot water filter.

I didn't use Thermopex I used Viega one inch and then spray foamed it in the trench I had to use several 90's in my run I have four pipes running to my house and each are 450 feet. I wouldn't worry about adding some 90's just foam it up good. Mine has been working 10 years no problems.

Ok thanks for the reply’s. I’ll go with the 90s and some foam.

Latest posts

Back