@#$%^& Thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO! Sure they were Stolen and not drug off under a car? Ive had 3 cones drug of that way by the same Car! :eek:

I have never had them stolen, but I have had more than one disappear under a vehicle:angry:

...A particularly scary thought inasmuch as they are supposed to alert motorists to stay clear!

troll fishn erik:cool: witches hats circulating property,sorry to here it stumper

Originally posted by DDM
I think they are viewed more as targets! :eek:

Put small logs under the cones. If questioned about it, tell them the wind sometimes knocks them over so you put these pieces of wood to stabilize them.

Just once I was tempted to fill one with concrete, to teach a teenager the facts of life. He was indeed under the impression they were targets... Wow...:alien:

Look on the bright side Stumper, recently I left my orange hats at home...For a while It was all I had in my climbing kitt...(and my grapple hook,two split rings and a spare bar for the 46..)...

W A T C H Y O U R S T U F F !!!...Derek, (still need more hats to!)

Sorry to hear that Stumper, glad it wasn't a saw!

i like putting brush down behind the cones if possible; no running over them. They see the brush might scratch their car, not the bright orange dunce cap that precedes it!

I havent had any stolen tthat I'm aware of though the crews over time have left them loose on the truck to fall off on the highway, not collectedthem from a jobsite, when this happens on a Friday and I dont get back to thqt area till the following Tuesday sometimes the cones are "stolen" though abandoned may be the proper word.

I've had the stupid teenagers hit them and drag them. I've lost a set that weren't secured-just setting on the chipper tongue. Someone "salvaged" those before I retraced my route-I don't think they were stolen. Yesterday I left the chipper on site while I went to lunch and to retrieve a tool that I had left off the truck and needed to finish up the job easily. I left one cone behind the chipper and one alongside. One was setting on the streetside fender. The others were on the post that secured them on the curbside of the tongue. The ones on the post stayed but the other three were gone when I returned. Probably highschool kids playing to see if they could grab them on their way past. -Makes me no difference -I'd love to slap the snot out of them. My name and phone # are on the inside of the cones. If I find them I'll recover (but I doubt it). It isn't the cost of the 3 cones, it is the disrespect for others that chaps me. I like the chunk of wood idea Koa. Coming soon to a neighborhood near me.;)

Are there many dogs in the area you were working in? The conspiracy here has stopped, or at least temporarily. Saturday the house we worked at for a few hours (job stopped because of downpour) they had a dog. That dog didn't steal anything of mine, but then again I didn't give it anything to steal.

Maybe someone should make a rope out of poison ivy, the culprit with light fingers would be easier to find, and the ground guys would always make sure to have their gloves.:D

Originally posted by B.Secord
Maybe someone should make a rope out of poison ivy, the culprit with light fingers would be easier to find, and the ground guys would always make sure to have their gloves.:D

LOVE IT!!! ( but I find gloves to be APITA..)

How about an "Intruder alarm" 3 bucks, mercury activated,
High peircing sound...runs on AA batts...
That will scare **** out of them...(of make it more fun, to try to get Stumpers hats...) first to get 3, wins!!!

Stumper...Can dogs over ther read there birth certificates??

Or do they just know to allso sit on the 'WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR"

Most dogs I know love to hang their toungs out the window on the left..Looks like I cant bring my dog over when I come..

She would be so confussed!!!

We have three univercities, two colleges, the atlantic naval fleet, army base and airforce base here. The cones are in all the dorms and naval vessels. We also put large mirrored ornaments on the Christmas tree at city hall. Which by the way is half a block from the liquor dome, (a group of bars).

Id love to but the 6 months in quarrinteen would kill US!!

Besides I dont think she'll like the pollution..ON ANY SIDE OF THE TRUCK!!

Do you have "short rope" rules about dogs on utes over there?
(ie MUST be tied on,and not to reach 12' over the side( no way to jump off!!)

Back