@#$%^& Thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be worse, a couple of months ago I had a porty, block, whoopie and loopie sling and a rope get swiped out of the lift basket while I was filling up a saw. and then in Febuary I had every single piece of climbing kit stolen along with the work truck. It sucks thinking about all the cool stuff I could have bought with that $2,500 I had to spend to replace every thing.

Kenn

On second thoughts, she's a little proctive of us, and "her" truck..
This will be a social /work/[tax] visit..she might not like the "group hug" lol..

She would do a great job of keeping an eye on your cones though!!

Just got to tell her to "wachem", "where is he?" and there going NOWHERE!!

She can run at 65ks to...Bikes are nuthing..

I have to admit I have stole a few trafic cones. My horse loves to play with them. He picks them up and runs around the field with them throwing them. They don't hold up well. I'm gonna bring some barrels home next week for him to play with.

Sort of thought cones were like bic lighters, never liberated them from a tree company but several have things like city light, water dist. etc stenciled on them.

I've purchased my own cones, every company I have ever worked for purchased cones, I have never had cones stolen off a jobsite (I keep a pretty good handle on the site) Yet without fail crewmembers "lose" cones with some regularity, yet they know to replace them how they do that I have no knowledge of I just know that in the morning the correct number of cones are where they should be.

I have a cone Rack on my Chipper's each chipper has 8 cones stacked on them. Its not hard to see if theres any missing. Every now and them i drive thru the car wash and give them a bath to keep them shiny orange. :blob2:

hey count yo selves lucky thats all you had twocked. my chargehand left the keys in the ignition of the van whilst we were dragginn brash from a back garden. we were both in the back then i came round with brash and watched the van disapearing round a corner with the chipper running and a kid chucking the tidy up gear off the back. he got demoted for that and a final written. they found they van and chipper and all the gear minus our phones and wallets 8 hrs later at the back of a rough estate with kids feeding lumps off wood through the chipper! then we were workin by a river and weed set aside another work site on the roadside coz of the busy parking while we working down the street, and we watched some bloke chuck 3 of our cones into the river so he could park his car!

Originally posted by DDM
I have a cone Rack on my Chipper's each chipper has 8 cones stacked on them. Its not hard to see if theres any missing. Every now and them i drive thru the car wash and give them a bath to keep them shiny orange. :blob2:
So what about the other 7 under the top cone? :confused:

Originally posted by Nickrosis
So what about the other 7 under the top cone? :confused:

Uhhh Okay I forgot to mention that We Remove them from the rack and place them in the car wash bay and Wash them I guess. :p

Last friday I got my truck (2000 F350) with all my gear in it stolen. I watched them drive away, then I chased them down in a fellow landscapers truck. With his help and the help of a kid at Oreilly's, we caught and boxed my truck in and pulled it over. Maybe stupid, but I ran up, threw the door open and dragged the theif out ready to start unleashing hell's fury on them..... But guess what.....it was about an 18-20 year old girl. In about 25sec. there were 9 cop cars there. I was pleased with there speedyness. Luckily I got the truck back immediately with no damage other than the stinky bit(h smoked in my truck.... defenitely watch your stuff.

Last edited:
Funny, How the respect for women/never hit a woman mentality has continued amongst working men in America-I might have stayed my hand in that situation. Of course she deserved a beating just as much as a 20 year old male thuglet. (PC nonsense be condemned -thieves ought to be beaten half to death) If they go ahead and die that's okay too.

When I was a bouncer, I once dropped a female on her head. You know, after I got her crazy, kicking, ass out the door. THAT was the hard part. ;)

Yes, sadly the thought of punching the young lady still filled my head, luckily the cops got there immediately. I honestly don't know what I would have done if it were a guy. I am only 22, but I've been working forever. I work for myself, and drive a truck at night, and also work in my fathers bulk-mail shop. I get in about 85-100 hours almost every week. I do it so I can afford nice things like my truck(s) my gear and such. To see some lazy little slob bit{h try to take all that away from me was scary. I was litterally shaking for hours after this happened. I was so mad I don't think it would have matter how big a guy was in there, he'd have got it alright. The cops had the nerve to ask if I even wanted to press charges since I recovered the vehicle so quickly. I said, well I'd like to knock that bit(h out, but I guess I'll settle for pressing charges.... Seems like everytime I get ahead someone has to steal something. ???? thieves. We all work for a living, why won't they?? I really don't understand. Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but the thought of taking something that's not mine never enters my head... Don't these people have to lay in bed at night and remember what pieces of $hit they are...

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Water off a duck's back, bro. Their sheet is on them. Do whatever action does the most good for you, and do it all the way! :blob2:

Just don't do it while the cops iz watchin :D

MB, I worked as a Doorman for a bit and that was when I came to the conclusion ( after some heavy consideration) that to hell with it, tit for tat, chivalry ended the late 80's I figure. So any gal that winds up in a fight deserves a fight. I got tired of getting my a$$ beat trying to get some drunk hellion outside without her stomping me. So, I moved on the bad girls just like the bad boys. I still to this day operate the same. Treat everyone with respect, male or female, but when the gloves come off and everyone is getting dirty then get after it.

Most everyone here has already read about me crying in my beer over a stolen 79 f-250. one ton dump with all my brand new equipment I saved up for. the tools I had borrowed from my old boss. Bummer. I ain't heard squat yet. over a year I think. I am trying to block it out. I replaced what my old boss lent me in about 3 days. I had to mail order. He was happy as lark.

Latest posts

Back