think he'll get many offers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
from craiglist. wonder how many $400+ offers he is getting? -Ralph

Stihl Magnum 38 Chainsaw
Chainsaw is the big dog w/pix below! About 46 inches in overall lenth. Have 3 extra chains & manual! Bought new when I built my house to clear land! Only used on my property while building! Taking offers! Best over $400.00

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tls/309996486.html

here's the bad part. lots of guys will get mad now, and for the record, I'll estimate low. here goes

about 5-6 years ago, we did some cleaning in the old mans garage.
threw over the hill (not worth fixing at dealer prices, lol)

3 038mags
5 026
1 024
about 2 dozen 009L, 011av
oh yeah, plus a few 015L's and some 020's
plus no less than a dozen full/overflowing boxes of parts, some used, some new.
all complete, needing top ends. put saws on ROW crews and watch them get torn up.
if ya knew then what ya know now... nope, no getting them back. buried under 10s of feet of chips and the old place sold after that.:bang:
-Ralph

Mine isn't a mag but I have about a hundred in it,including the price of a new bar and chain.Originally purchased,low hours but with a cracked handle,for 45 bucks.From a Stihl dealer,believe it or not.

here's the bad part. lots of guys will get mad now, and for the record, I'll estimate low. here goes

3 038mags
5 026
1 024
all complete, needing top ends. put saws on ROW crews and watch them get torn up.
if ya knew then what ya know now... nope, no getting them back. buried under 10s of feet of chips and the old place sold after that.:bang:
-Ralph

..................how could you?

"This saw comes with a 25 inch bar and electronic quick stop"

Wow. Now that's a rare one. Don't often get the optional electronic quick stop! :laugh:

begleytree said:

3 038mags
5 026
1 024
if ya knew then what ya know now... nope, no getting them back. buried under 10s of feet of chips and the old place sold after that.
-Ralph

Now that's gotta be worth some bad saw karma... :buttkick:

3 038mags
5 026
1 024
-Ralph
Man thats gotta hurt! Ralph I feel your pain :(

Many years from now (as I have done with bottle digs) someone is gonna mine that spot and be very happy.

I think this is why guys like me have so much 'jes' in case/ya never knows' junk stored..........hate ta think what a mess I'd have if I owned and acre or two (and a barn) lol. :monkey:

:cheers:
(PS> You could always throw out the address, talk to da owner, have a 'diggen' party, hm, could be fun, or not.)

10ft of chips is nothing for the right discontinued part imo, but, I'm not quite running with an aligned sprocket (so I have been told) :)

:D :D

begleytree said:

3 038mags
5 026
1 024
-Ralph

Hindsight's 20/20. I'd be trying to forget this incident...cut down on the teeth grinding and all. :)

Latest posts

Back