Thinking about switching my 2t oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
im thinking about trying moly 2t oil. I’ll run it at 38:1 ratio. I use moly in all my engines during assembly, additive when I change the oil. I have moly for gear lubes too.

http://www.liqui-moly.eu/liqui-moly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_1052.html?OpenDocument&land=DE

Moly eliminates all wear. Moly on two moving parts wears against itself it’s moly against moly.
Moly reduces friction. No more metal to metal contact.
Moly fights corrosion.
Moly doesn’t attract dirt.
Moly prevents galling.

I’ve been using maxima 2t since the saws I own we’re new.. it’s hard to get and I think it’s really only necessary to use oil like this on high rpm hard running ported saws...

Point being I too am thinking of switching to the locally stocked XP oil from husky.. I know wiemedog did a video on his 32:1 mixes with his hp husky oil and he had no problems. That guy must see a ton of saws, especially ones he rebuilds come back using that oil so if. It were an issue he would have said something. I can trust that :)

There is also ash deposits to consider other than just lubricating qualities with that moly oil you are looking at. But this is another oil thread it seems and everyone is going to have their opinions.

I was looking for a fully synthetic oil for the 4mix equipment. I looked, and even the stihl dealers I went to (4) didn't stock it, and said I'd have to order a case, and it was going to be expensive to get in. I looked for other full synthetic oils, and finally found one for $4 a 5 liter treatment. I passed that up for a bit to look some more. I went to Peavey Mart (Kinda like Tractor Supply in Western Canada) and they had Amsoil Saber on the shelf for $16 a liter. I got that, and a 10 liter can, and mixed it at 66:1. Been liking it so far in the 4 mix equipment. I'm going to use up the last of the stihl mix oil in the chainsaws and blower. I have 3.5 gallons of gas to go for that. Then I'll switch fully over to Saber if the saws like it.

I'm not advocating for Saber so much as I'm saying that it was the only readily available synthetic oil suitable for the saws, pruners, brush cutters, etc.

Latest posts

Back