Thinning the herd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I have more saws than I need, and although I DO try to give each one time in wood, its gotten to the point where I have my eye one 2 or three models that I want but don't have and I can't justify buying more (to myself, but more to the point, to my wife) without getting rid of a few of my current ones. So even though I have some opinions of my own, I would love to here wich ones you guys think should go to make some room in the paddock. Here is the collection as it stands now.
Macs
73 (rather not sell, but needs a hard to find diaphragm to run)
10-10 early (runs great 20" bar 3/8 chisel)
610pro (also runs great 16" bar 3/8 semi chisel)
1-53 (strong saw, runs and starts good 20" hard tip .404 chisel)
g-70 (runs good but needs a new muffler. I swap the 24" bar that I use on my 066 when I use this)
Jonsered
910 (new piston and jug, runs great. 20" bar 3/8 chisel
Stihl
090 (awsome shape 32" bar .404 chisel, this one stays)
075 (very clean, runs strong, swap bars wth 090 when in use)
066 magnun (dual port runs real well, 32" bar 3/8 chisel)
Homelites
990g (.404 conversion runs good extremely strong saw, 48"bar .404 chisel this one stays too)
xp1000 (runs and starts good 24" harvester bar, .404 chisel)
775g (.404 conversion, fresh carb rebuild, runs good now, 36"bar .404 chisel)

Here are the rest.
Homelite
xl12 (very clean runs good 18"bar 3/8 chisel)
240 (runs good)
super 2 (runs good, my light saw)
c-51 (parts)
Sears
3.7 roper (removed pwer-sharp, 18"bar 3/8 chisel)
David Bradley (repainted, runs good converted to .404 95cc)
Remington
Super 754 (fresh carb rebuild, runs great, looks good)
Pl6 (runs well light for a 94cc older saw)
Lombard
Very old (complete does nit run and am not sure of model)
Husky
2100 (runs good, 36"bar 3/8 chisel
Thats all of them. Looks like a lot all written down and all.

Last edited:
That's quite a lineup! :clap:

I think selling me the 32" b&c off the 066 would be a good idea and free up some room...
It'll make shipping the powerhead to someone else easier as well!

Chaser

I haven't really decided to sell any one of these yet. I was just trying to see witch ones people thought weren't worth keeping in the collection. Of course it also helps to know witch ones bring the most intrest. I am going to ultimately sell off some of them so I can go after a couple of models I reealllly want, but as of now all I have heard is two offers on my 066 and Bill and I talked about a couple he was interested in. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone I was just after some opinions from people who know more than I do. When I do decide witch ones are going, I will definately post here first and give AS members dibs. Maybe I should have posted this in the chainsaw forum. I am grateful for all the input. Thanx

Latest posts

Back