This 020AV Super is like a jigsaw puzzle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How the heck do you take this thing apart? :D I just dug it out of my warehouse and took it over to my shop to see if, by chance I could get this thing running. I just kept taking screws out and got nowhere. I bought it used like 10 years ago, got some use out of it, then it quit. I took it to the dealer I bought it from and I guess it was too much trouble for him, so he sent it over to Stihl Southeast. I believe they ended up putting a carb and ignition on it, anyway, to the tune about $230.

It ran about half an hour over the next month and died. I just put it away and bought a couple cheap saws. I'm a mowing guy, so the cheap saws worked ok for what I needed them for at the time ;) I'd like to get this thing running if at all possible. Are they an absolute nightmare to work on? Am I wasting my time? It seems to have spark.

020's (old style) have a cult following and are definately worth fixing. If all else fails ship me the saw I WILL fix it and return it to you, those who know me here will vouch for my credibility. You pay for parts and shipping and buy me a beer.

This is one that will be worth sending to Sedanman. If only for the aggravation factor. Not a repair for the novice. You need experience to get it right.
Is it worth it, oh yeah. Still one of the best arborist saws ever made.

The saw is real sensitive, kinda like a woman i guess.

Picky about carb setting and fuel.

sedanman, that is a great offer. Sounds good to me :) Let me save up a few bucks and I'll ship it your way.

Thanks,
Keith

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
I just shipped an 026 to SC and it was only $11 or so with UPS including insurance. You gotta 'save up' for less than $20? :confused:

No, but I gotta think it's gonna need some parts and that requires money :D

Latest posts

Back