This is just flat unbelievable!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whether the particular weather conditions at this time are related to the changing climate or not is unknown, and irrelevant. Climate is not weather, it's long term changes and local weather often obscures what they are. Whether the climate is changing, and how, and what the causes are is not a political issue, it's an issue for science. And the answers to those questions have become quite clear, but because some don't like the answers they attempt to change them via politics - as if wishing and hoping and getting mad and ridiculing and blaming could change reality.

But I do not care one bit what you believe in regards to climate change, as it doesn't make one bit of difference. Once humans discovered how to use fossil fuels, all of the rest was cast in stone. Our population exploded and we changed the planet's atmosphere and climate. There is nothing that humans will do about any of that, and when the fossil fuels run out, the population will return eventually to less than 1 billion, and they will live as they can in whatever climate exists wherever is habitable. That world will be drastically different from this one. Our "beliefs" don't matter.

This weather pattern is yet another weird one, and there will be more, and people will try to adapt as best they can. And blowhards will bluff and bluster and blame and none of that will make a damn difference.

As for moderator, no way I would want to babysit at this nuthouse. But then I was not the one trying to move opinions I didn't like out of the thread.

I pm'd you

Harry K

I'm not really sure what your point is... I also said, "Untold numbers of plants and animals have come and gone with these changes." But again, what is your point? If the climate is changing by natural processes of time, what can we do about it? The answer is nothing! There has never been a total extinction event, something has always survived to carry on. Usually it's the most specialized life forms that are made extinct... those that can survive on diverse food sources, and in diverse habitats are the most likely to survive. Mankind is the most diverse life form this planet has ever produced... we live on near every non-liquid surface and eat literally millions of different foods... mankind is the most likely to survive an extinction event.

Agree and that is a good post. If the warming trend continues, species will just move north as is already being seen in both plants and animals. What we grow in the south now will be grown up in the Dakotas _if_ the warming proceeds and goes high enough. The major change if the worst case scenarios occur (massive rises in sea level) will be the movement inland of the population centers. Bangledesh will be no more for example.

This stuff _does_ belong over in the political forum. Too bad teh thread go off track.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back