This Is What I Did Today, Cut And Split........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toolhawk

toolhawk

ArboristSite Member
This what I did today cut it all up just have to split it all up , spliter is workin awesome , its all Ash so it splits nice , won't know how much til its all done 10 - 15 face cords ???? more I can only hope:biggrinbounce2:

Shipper50

Shipper50

ArboristSite Operative
You can tell me its none of my business, but what do your neighbors think of you having a pile of logs in your front yard and running a saw and splitter for hours? :chainsaw:

I looked at your pictures and saw the houses were on top of each other and wondered what they thought?

Shipper

toolhawk

toolhawk

ArboristSite Member
My neighbors are awesome !!!

Yeah it populated , but is a nice clean working class neighborhood , small city 2x3 miles, Most of my neighbors are seinors so when somethig breaks or it snows, I do it , fix it, snow blow all the drives and walks , so they don't say s%&**##$ , I sell to most of the neighborhoo also , as for 10- 15 cord no way!!!! I said 10- 15 face cords 3 face cords to the cord > all ready stacked 8 and would say I am almost 1/2 way give or take, I have a place in northern Mi. so I get my wood for free all I can cut , but it pretty easy to get wood here in the city in southern Mi. if you know enough people , there always someone wanting to get rid of it ya know city folk, picked this load dumped for $200 from a contractor that bit off more than he could chew , he had load another load but didnt want to dump this one then relaod it another time , he's new with no storage area yet , nice guy , hopefully a great contact for the future,

drmiller100

drmiller100

ArboristSite Guru
bud, more power to you!!!!

a comment though. If you spent all day, and got that much done, you need to look harder at why it is taking you so long.

give us an idea of how long it takes to buck a log. how long to split it. is more time spent splitting, or bucking????

if you are as ambitious as you imply, you should be able to buck all that into length in about 3 hours.

sharp chain? need a bigger saw?

toolhawk

toolhawk

ArboristSite Member
Come On Give Me A Break!!!

I cut alot of wood but nothing compared to guys that do it for a living , I do it for fun and heat , been doing it for 26 years ,42 now, always heated our house as a kid , much more time splitting (much more ) had it all cut into 16-18 inch lengths in about 4-5 hour that all by my lonesome , stopping and moving cut ones out of the way , its gotta be the best execise in the world ,

computeruser

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Looks good! I'd be thrilled if someone dropped that off in my yard. I'd also be thrilled if someone dropped a splitter off, too.

Where are you, exactly? The architecture and neighborhood layout looks kinda like south-eastern Livonia, Dearborn Heights, or Garden City, but the 2x3mile city size bit kinda has me thrown for a loop.

hpi_jeep

hpi_jeep

ArboristSite Lurker
if it's not your only source of income there is no need to kill yourself over the deal.

did you haul the wood in or did you have someone bring it to you?

slug

ArboristSite Lurker
a comment though. If you spent all day, and got that much done, you need to look harder at why it is taking you so long.

Yeah, didn't you know you were being timed? Maybe give one of the dogs a saw to speed stuff up. :p

Latest posts