Thought I'd share some old stuff.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's the largest we ever did... Giant Sequoia Mid 2010. 158' tall, 32'6" ft at the ground in girth, 70 or more yards of chips, a whole bunch of branch wood that we chipped the next day, 6 man crew day one, prolly 3 on crane day. $5500 crane bill for about 5 picks, plus helping load the first log truck. Two full length log truck loads. I think I under bid it, but I'd go close to $20k today, including the crane. The craftsman that got the wood paid the trucker $1200! Next to last pick was cut while I was away, too low, 27' long weighed 27k lb... was a bit much for the 90 ton crane at the appx 50' radius. Operator finessed it to the LZ. Butt averaged 2-2'5 feet long and weighed 6500# In spring, early summer, sequoia/redwood trunk wood, especially low down, weighs close to 70 lb/cu. foot, if not more..and sinks!! Click the TV shaped icon upper right for a slide show! https://flic.kr/s/aHsjqT7iU4

The best term in those videos was ......"14feet.....nothing fancy" That was amazing but what it truly was , was SKILL and real life experience. I love seeing real life examples of the skill men and women have

Back