thoughts or opinions on pricing the removal of multiple trees?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrayzKajun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
well been getting more calls for tree work and machine/dirt work.
lady wants a good bit of work done on her 3acre property. priority is to remove this large Water Oak and the Pecan next to it. the oak is growing over and through the pecan. due to it being Hurricane Season Already.

Plan is to de-limb the trees then drop the trunks.the water oak is split from the ground about 20ft up. Due to the integrity of the oak, we will bring in a 60ft lift to delimb the trees. (i willl be keeping the pecan trunk) Pretty decent access to the yard. plus two smaller damaged tress/stumps to remove in the front.

high potential for a lot of more work in this area. will be hauling debris away in my 23yd dump trailer to a site about 5miles away. i want to price fair. i know what i have to make to cover overhead. just dont want to sell company short or price myslef way out the ballpark.

pics of the water oak and pecan.

rotten maple in front.

I shoot for $600 a day with 1 ground guy and $150 a day per ground guy. they don't seem to be all that big. a day with 3 guys max so $750. if it needs rigged ect... then more.

If you and your ground guy just use the new technique in the thread above this one with a car, then just have 30 minutes in chaining the trees high and drag strait to the land fill.

Don't breath the dust from the PI, if it gets in your lungs and you are allergic you have issues.

Are you chipping brush on site or hauling away? If you are hauling limbs away you will have several trips that will probably cost you an hour each to load go dump and get back. You might be there more than a day if your hauling the limbs.

How bout just giving an hourly rate? Estimate the hours in your bid...give or take a couple?

Is this not a good idea? Why?

Comments welcome.

I'm trying to get better at bidding also, so:bringit:

I shoot for $600 a day with 1 ground guy and $150 a day per ground guy. they don't seem to be all that big. a day with 3 guys max so $750. if it needs rigged ect... then more.

wow your cheap. Wanna sub some work from me? I shoot for $2000 a day but am happy with $1500 a day. I pay my employee $150 a day. I charge $350-$500 a day for my employee depending on what we are doing.

I would say your looking at least $1500 to remove the trees and grind the stumps.

I would bid the pair at 675 without stump removal. But I wouldn't use my lift just a tag line and a notch towards the street. With the right equipment this job will take my 2 man crew 4hrs.. the pecan wood is awesome for smoking everything from salmon to burgers. But you have to set prices based on how long "your crew" will take and how bad you want to get more work in the neighborhood.

How could you guys make a living with those prices? Man around here you could get those dropped for 500-600. I would bet that it would be about a 1500.00 dollar job here but it sounds like we have a pretty sweet market compared to other places. I did a tree for a guy that was bid at 500 bucks just to get it to the ground. It could not be felled due to power lines, street, road and house. but there was not a single branch hanging over a target. Everything could be chopped and dropped from where it was. It was easy.

I just put a bid on 28 pines larger than those for 300 per tree and we will get 4 to 5 done per day that's chipped, logs piled at street for logger to pick up so 1500 per day me and one man!

Back