Three days from December...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from the firewood trip. 150 yards across a sodded bottom, solid enough to drive the truck in by sticking to the higher portion. Tree down (30" DBH) 3/4 of the bucking done, one cut left on the butt and all the top still to do, over half the brushing done, shoes didn't even get muddy working in the ashes from a brush pile I burned a couple weeks ago. Did'nt trust the grround enought to haul any wood though. Last thing I need is for the truck to sinck through the sod.

Normal winter for this area would be at least knee deep in snow by now. But that was 30 years ago. People who think the climate isn't warming are fools.

It was 70* here today, yet to see the first big snowfall, we are weeks behind where we should have been w/ low temperature.

There are still leaves on the trees.

Something is amiss, I don't think this is the Chinese trying to steal our manufacturing jobs.....

I love the snow, but may soon have to move to the tippy top of the mountain to see any.

Sadly, the ranger and its radial tires were lost to the June floods, another freakish weather phenomenon, the 500-1000 year flood. So I can no longer claim that I could have pulled that tree out in 2wd, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and we have lightening, thunderstorms, one-inch hail, and... and... tornado warnings‼
I kid you not...

And yesterday my 4-wheel-drive, shift on the fly, electronic control module took a crap while pulling trees out of the woodlot... I have to crawl under the frigging truck with a vice grip to shift into/out of 4x4 mode.

Something tells me this ain't gonna' be a fun winter (not that any of them ever are).
car-part.com for the part......................

car-part for the part...
I won't be replacing the electronic module... it costs more than the truck is worth.
(However, I may pull it apart and see if my electronic ingeniousness can fix it... ain't got anything to lose.)
I'll likely fabricate some sort of manual shift mechanism... some rainy day.

I won't be replacing the electronic module... it costs more than the truck is worth.
(However, I may pull it apart and see if my electronic ingeniousness can fix it... ain't got anything to lose.)
I'll likely fabricate some sort of manual shift mechanism... some rainy day.
hey , hot dog,,,,check em out..you do know,,how to run the computer,,,,right???????????? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'll take some of that rain here in Ohio. My well has ran dry 4 times the last 3 months. Luckily I have a backup cistern but with 3 kids we've sucked that dry a few times too! Did get a .5 inch or so yesterday and I've burned maybe 10 days so far so the temps have been mild here too. I'm fine with that. The wood hoard is looking good for this time of year.

We just got some rain - been real dry here in MD - 70 today - front coming in tonight - hunting has sucked ! Need some el nino action to get some birds here to shoot hahaha and cold for splitting firewood - hell the dang skeeterz have come back

Yesterday was a typical day for the end of November here... no anomaly of an sort.
Windy, cloudy, 35° (the exact average), with snow in the AM changing to sleet, than rain, than back to sleet and snow by evening (it all melted when it hit ground).
I took the day off and replaced all 4 :rolleyes: screwed-up window regulators in the daughters car... fired up the stove out in the shop (garage) for the first time this year (actually, it's the first time the doors have been closed).

Looks like we're gonna' have temps a bit above average for the weekend... but well below by the end of next week.
And there's snow in the forecast (that will be falling on mud rather that frozen ground)... darnit, I knew it was too good to last, I was hoping winter had forgot about us.

Yesterday was a typical day for the end of November here... no anomaly of an sort.
Windy, cloudy, 35° (the exact average), with snow in the AM changing to sleet, than rain, than back to sleet and snow by evening (it all melted when it hit ground).
I took the day off and replaced all 4 :rolleyes: screwed-up window regulators in the daughters car... fired up the stove out in the shop (garage) for the first time this year (actually, it's the first time the doors have been closed).

Looks like we're gonna' have temps a bit above average for the weekend... but well below by the end of next week.
And there's snow in the forecast (that will be falling on mud rather that frozen ground)... darnit, I knew it was too good to last, I was hoping winter had forgot about us.
check on the part yet?????

check on the part yet?????
Yeah... but the descriptions ain't real clear.
I believe I need the module (or computer) that interfaces between the switch on the dash, and the motor on the transfer case.
Looks like most of what appears to be the correct module (going by description) runs from $200 to $700... with either no returns, or a restocking fee.

First snow is on the ground and looks like its going to be around awhile. Single digits and below zero in a few days. I'll be sleeping lightly and feeding the fire all day and night. When the fire goes out and it is below zero it is hard to get the place warm again.

I believe I need the module (or computer) that interfaces between the switch on the dash, and the motor on the transfer case.
Looks like most of what appears to be the correct module (going by description) runs from $200 to $700... with either no returns, or a restocking fee.
something sounds bit strange....probably get rebuilt for 150 at most.....

give me particulars,,and ill try and find it.....

We all get mad at winter an not really here yet . I spent the last 2 days with what feels like a artic wind and its 40 out , I can't find my coat . To really enjoy winter go swimming ! No need for a ugly sweaters an setting around cold . Set around in a t shirt an watch people freeze .

something sounds bit strange....probably get rebuilt for 150 at most.....
what kind of truck is it. I know on the old dodges (mine was a 89) they used to make a cable conversion to replace the electric sparkplug looking thingy on the frontend that locked the axles. Dont know if theres anything like that for newer trucks.

what kind of truck is it. I know on the old dodges (mine was a 89) they used to make a cable conversion to replace the electric sparkplug looking thingy on the frontend that locked the axles. Dont know if theres anything like that for newer trucks.
spideys is a Ford...I was talking about having his electric box rebuilt....

I'll take some of that rain here in Ohio. My well has ran dry 4 times the last 3 months. Luckily I have a backup cistern but with 3 kids we've sucked that dry a few times too! Did get a .5 inch or so yesterday and I've burned maybe 10 days so far so the temps have been mild here too. I'm fine with that. The wood hoard is looking good for this time of year.

our pond lost about 12 feet of water from the drought in this area. I lost some fish to a blue heron and other animals that could wade in the 12 inches that was left. it's beginning to fill again, but it's only like 3 feet deep right now. if we get a deep freeze, all the fish will die unless it fills back up before then.

on the bright side, I did find the blue heron dead in the pond. it looks like he drowned for some reason.

Back