Three days from December...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of herons here either.

Down in Wisconsin they call them "cream shitters". I just about fell out of the boat laughing the first time I heard that one.

used to be a good yard in spideys town,,dont now if tis still alive........down by the original oliver plant
The old boy that owned it, Dale Vanderlan, sold it some years back... it ain't what is used to be.
Dale died a couple years ago... he was a good ol' boy, the last of a dying breed... I did a lot of (fist-to-fist cash) business with him over the years.

I went to high school in a town that was so known for its junkyards the bulldog football team was known as the "Junkyard dogs". Of course the football stadium was bordered on two sides by junkyards too. It was a heckuva field goal kick if it bounced off an old packard hood! Sad but the yards are almost empty here now too. I wonder if it might be scrap price, the cheap availability of Chinese new parts or that they didn't adapt to the internet age. I used the local boys monthly in my teenage beater car days though!

The problem with the clash for clunkers program was that it should have had a higher mpg rating for the new car purchase, but there were economic reasoning for it also.
I was in the car business at the time...
The problem with the clash for clunkers program was that it took millions of used cars out of the market, mostly inexpensive and lower cost used cars.
That upset the supply/demand ratio... which drove up the price of remaining used cars (which effects the price/market value of new cars).
The people that got hurt the most were lower income people... they got hurt bad... real bad.
The repercussions, and detrimental effects of the clash for clunkers program is still with us, and will be for some length of time to come.
Nothing positive was accomplished... nothing.

Yea, see it has been.

Sad though that political discussion has reached a point to where it has to be put off into the corner for all the yelling and hollering.

And btw, we actually may be getting back to a normal temp for this time of year, supposed to get down into the low teens by the weekend.

The wood pile may take a beating over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Politics is particularly nasty as of late.

Yep, cold weather coming. Normal now, but next week we are supposed to be below zero and near zero for highs. The wood pile is ready.

Enjoy your crappy winters an do what everyone does . Do some mood busters , walk a little in the snow in your bare feet , go outside with no shirt on , go swimming . Want to smile this winter ? Your choice

Enjoy your crappy winters an do what everyone does . Do some mood busters , walk a little in the snow in your bare feet , go outside with no shirt on , go swimming . Want to smile this winter ? Your choice
your soooooooo far off base with most of your posts,, its ridiculous........

Latest posts

Back