Throw this in the bar oil arena!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Check this out. I'm thumbing through the latest issue of Independent Sawmill & Woodlot Management and found a blurb on a new bar oil that is infused with spores from 'shrooms. The theory is that it gets all over the stump and the limbs and causes quicker decay. It comes in two blends, one for hardwoods and one for conifers. IT'S ONLY $29.95 A QUART! I wonder what it does to the timber?

BULLDOOKIE! That's more expensive than Roundup concentrate, and you expect me to believe that they wanna sell it as BAR LUBE at that price? I doubt they will sell a single quart! Well, maybe they will, as P.T. Barnum said, "There's one born every minute".

Hey Brian,

That was my reaction so I HAD to share with everyone. These guys seem to do a lot of different things with 'shrooms. Maybe this was an idea they concocted while they were doing some recreational 'shrooming. I know a guy who runs full skip on his 16' bar so I bet he would be in the market for this. Takes all types!

Mike

Ya say ther makin oil from shrooms? We'll youhooo!!! I've got shrooms all over these cow pastures out here. It looks like I might have another use for them. eh?:blob2:

Sorry methoss,

I culdn't make up something this ridiculous. Here's the website they have :

http://www.fungiperfecti.com/plugs/mso.html

I checked this site out the other day before my original post and when I when I went back today to find the link, they had added info about cutting the product 10:1 with canola oil. makes the price a little more affordable but I wonder what kind of tack it has?

I'm still wondering, if this gets on the slash and stump and causes fungus growth, wouldn't it cause the same fungus growth on the ends of the timber?

Latest posts

Back